cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex process mapping in eWM 7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a following scenario to be mapped.We sell hazardous chemicals.We store these chemicals in a separate hazardous storage type in drums of big size say 50 ltrs.When a customer asks for these chemicals he asks these in 1 litre bottles say 10 qty.

So we create a sales order of 10 litres and create delivery for 10 litres.Now at the time of picking I need full HU of 50 litres to be picked.We move that drum to a specific zone /work center(as they are hazardous) and repack the 10 litres (10 units of 1 litre each) and ship it.Then we want to return remaining 40 litres along with the big drum to return from work center to original bin.

To map this I have activated a process oriented storage control with an intermediate packing step.But at the time of picking system is creating WO of 10 litres , but I want it should pick full HU at picking.

I better need a giudance on a whole scenario mapping rather than troubleshooting as I am not sure if I am doing the right mapping.

Thanks

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

this requirement you do not model with process, but with layout oriented storege process and with a pick point.

You need two storage types, one is a regular ST, the other has the role pick point.  In that ST you define a bin,. Also a workcenter for packing, in which you enter a process type for putting back your drum. And you connect this bin and the workcenter. In LOSC you define that every removal has to go via this bin. In case that customers also order complete drums and you move these directly to the GR-zone, you can specify this in one of the colums... Don't know the name right now.

when you have to pick, you will get a WT for the drum to the Workcenter and an inactive task for 10 (kgs or ltrs?) to GR. When you confirm the WT the inactve WT becomes active.

Now it becomes a little bit awkward: you don NOT create the new HU for the 10 pcs in the workcenter tA, but as pick HU in the TA. Otherwise (at least, that's what always happens when I tried it) when you create it at the workcenter an re-pack there - the active WT gets cancelled.

So you just process the WT, creating a pick HU, and when this is done you create a return TA from the workcenter (there is a button there to do this).

brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I configured it as you told.It is all working as expected.

1) HU task to move from picking ST to work center

2) Once it is confirmed one active Product WT to move product from picking ST to GI Zone, and yes I had to create a pick HU in RF to send it to GI zone

3) Now , the question ,

When I did the above steps I came back to work center to return the HU residual to first ST.I found the button  "return transfer " for doing that.But after clicking that it is popping up following

In the work center setting , I have assigned WPT 3060 for returns and I have maintained putaway strategy for WPT 3060 and other combination.

But I do not see the HU WT after saving this .

Have you encountered this error before.

Thanks

Abhijit

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the message says "HU xxx will be transferred back to storage type ___ section ____ at next save." So the system does not find a storage type and section.

I actually do not think that you have to maintain a putaway strategy for 3060. What you have to do is in the workcenter definition itself (in customizing) you enter the return storage type.

Brgds

Juergen