Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2 for write/read access to a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In the system log (SM21), we have noticed one error :

Error 2 for write/read access to a file. File =

Error 2 for write/read access to a file. File = /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/300BDCLG/0001316898727899980

What shall be the cause of error and how to resolve the same?

-Nandu More

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the authorization issues as this access can be provided by giving suitable values....check SU53 if possible for the issue..

Br,

Sri

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you might need access to S_ADMI_FCD with value SM21 for reading the system logs if you are trying to read the system logs through SM21 Tcode.

But if its anyother file which you are trying to access, then trace or get the su53 to know the cause of authorization failure.

let me know if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

There might be some problem with Authorization object S_ADMI_FCD. Try to debug the problem using SU53/ST01.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U didnt mention for which tcode this happens.

Did it happen for a single user or more than one users?

If this happened for more than one users then for a single tcode or different tcodes?

Check for which user and for which tcode it happened and then check if the concerned user has the auth for the said tcode or not.

In the operating sys level check if the file /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/300BDCLG/0001316898727899980 exist or not.

Check if the sap folder in path /usr/sap/ is shared or not.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Let me clarify the issue, once again.

I was checking the system log through SM21 and I came across this error "Error 2 write/read access to a file', which I have explained earlier.

I don't think that this is any authorization problem as being anticipated by Sri, Manohar and Santosh.

As Manas has suggested to check whether the file /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/300BDCLG/0001316898727899980 exist or not.

Yes, this file is there.

Please let me know if any additional information is required from my side.

-Nandu More

0 Kudos

This write/read access problem can be caused by not having access to S_DATASET and it can also be caused by not having access to the UNIX level if that is where the file sits.

I think I would wait for a user to complain about this and then you can trace and determine exactly what they need.

0 Kudos

I agree with Mary--sounds like S_DATASET. Run the trace and give restrictive values on this object as it's considered sensitive.

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pl c heck the SapNote 214969 - Error writing the job log.

It says to delete the file 0001316898727899980 and try again. But rather then deleting it rename it and try.

Hope this will help.

Regards