Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RowRepeater default value for visiblerowcount in ABAP Workbench preview

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a complex layout in a WDA that uses a RowRepeater.

RowRepeater has 10 as default value of the property visiblerowcount. In my case this property is bound to a context attribute and in the design mode it shows 10 rows anyway.

Due to the complex layout I receiving a message as reported by OSS Note 965337 (I'm on the right SP so I just need to increase the buffer as reported by OSS Note 520684).

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the default value of visiblerowcount in ABAP Workbench preview (desing mode) in order to display less rows without removing the binding.

Thanks

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Go to the context attribute which is bound to the "visibleRowCount" and set the default value for the context attribute ( In the context Node ) to 2, now system by default it picks the value 2 and now you could be able to see only 2 rows.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't work. System picks up always 10.

Ivan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

It should work. i.e. system should pick the value from the default value of context attribute. unless if the value of visibleRowCount is set somewhere before rendering.

Please check the methods WDDONIT( ) OR WDDODOMODIFYVIEW( ) , if any case the value of visibleRowCount attribute is getting set to 10 during first time rendering.

Debugging hint:

Try to read the value of context attribute which is bound to visibleRowCount in wddomodifyview( ) and check the value.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

No other initialization is done, just in the context as for your suggestion.

My issue is in the ABAP Workbench preview (SE80 - WDA Layout preview), it is not at runtime.

Ivan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Well, It seems that I have not understood issue properly.

I don't think it is possible to change the default  'visibleRowCount' of the rowRepeater in SE80 view layout preview . Infact, it applies to all other ui elements as well.

Regards,

Rama