cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SO10- to Change language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

One of my clients wants to use English as a language and the other one wants to use Japenese as the language. So this is new to me. DO we have to use SO10 for that. So If I am right, the same data will be available in 2 different languages. For eg a order has been processed In english language and if they want to check the order in their client, will it be available in Japanses. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt response.

Here I go again and apologies for the confusion.

On SAP Logon Pad there is a option to enter Language.

I was actually trying on IDES and not on Live server.

On IDES on the logon pad the system is not allowing me to enter any other language.

Now I Know we have one more option - t CODE S010 wherein if I am right we can change the language.

So, Now What I was thinking that if I will logon with default language EN, my order will be shown in english and if I logon with japanese the same order with the same information will be shown in a different language.

And if I am wrong, what is the correct way to achieve this?

Thanks and regards..

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar:

I guess you post your query in a wrong space, this space is related to SD Sales and Distribution queries.

In my system S010 transaction does not exist

I guess you need help from BASIS to set up new languagues.

Regards Antonio

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't get confused by typing mistakes made with  zero and oooh

The transaction for SAPScript texts is SO10 not S010

shekhar saxena

I wish your dream becomes true some day. I am serious. I would love to stay in a SAP e.g. in German language all day when I work for myself, ut when I get a call from Singapore I could just click a button to switch my SAP screens to English. 

No this is not yet achieved by SAP and I guess that my retirement comes quicker than this solution.

you can get SAP in different languages, each language needs to be installed and occupies space.

That's probably the reason why you IDES is only installed in one language.

Such language packages contain all (most) SAP delivered stuff like the GUI surface, menus, help texts field labels, error messages. In short: the things SAP knows.

SAP does not know what you customized e.g. your own payment terms, your shipping conditions , your units of measures etc.  This is something you have to translate yourself to get it displayed when you logon in the other language.

If you create a sales order in English, then you can as well access this very same sales order when being logged in with Japanese language.

But a long text written in english will not be displayed in Japanese, it is still in English, because it was written in English. SAP does not translate it for you.

If you speak 2 languages, then  use an Internet translation like https://translate.google.de/  .

It is real fun, especially if you translate the translated text back into the original language.

And to complicate things, in SAP you have to specify the communication language, this is the language you talk to your customer or vendor, the language that is understood from both!

Which is usually the local language for local partners, and english for foreign partners.

If you have subsidiaries around the world then you may have several languages to logon. And people from many countries may buy from the same vendor or sell to the same customer. But you can only have 1 communication language, hence the locals have to switch to the international understood language in those cases. (or need to do some development)

If you define that customer XY has language JP, then the communication will be done in Japanese (hope you understand it). In this case you need to have your sales unit in Japanese otherwise you get already an error message when you try to enter an order.

Or you just get *** instead of キログラム

Nevertheless you can type the longtext in the sales order in English language into the JP text, like you can speak English if you visit Japan.  It just looks odd if the entire forum is in Japanese and somewhere the English text is printed.

some long text, like your terms and conditions are maintained in the SO10. As already said this has to be translated by yourself and entered per language.

If your communication language is JP and you have no terms and conditions maintained in SO10 for JP, then it will just not print.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar:

Only is necessary to set up the description of the matterial for both languagues, I support user in Spanish and English and  no matter the languague I used to logon the system I can check the sales order.

Try to logon in both languagues and you can check it (English and Japanese).

Or maybe your questions is not correct or I dont understand correctly.

Regards

Antonio Martinez