cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire data from OLAP Universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BOBJ 4.1 SP2 and i have a SAP Lumira 1.14 Installed on my Desktop. I am able to connect to our BOBJ 4.1 SP2 server and can see any Netweaver UNX unvierses (Universes created by a JCO connection to Netweaver).

We do have quite a few unv universes that were created using an OLAP connection to BEX queries and unfortunately i cannot see them. Is there any workaround for me to be able to use the existing unv universes and acquire data from them or is there any plan in further releases of Lumira where this might be addressed.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry there is no work around

SAP plans to support BEx queries in a future release but I haven't heard of support for OLAP UNV

Separately, why not download 1.15?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Tammy.

It is unfortunate that there is no work around. We have some of our users that are really interested interested in using Lumira, but unfortunately this limitation is holding us back.

Although we can get by some stuff using the JCO connection, it still doesn't provide the structural integrity that we can get from BEX query designer.

Will keep checking the SAP Lumira space for any further information on this.

Thanks,

Kumar

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you please clarify the reasons why you are using OLAP universes on top of BEx Queries?  (instead of directly accessing the BEx Queries from the DSL-based clients - Webi, Crystal Reports...)

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

We have unv OLAP universes created when we were using the old BOBJ 3.x, where the BICS connection did not exist. We have a quite a lot of reports built on these universes. We then upgraded our BOBJ to 4.0 SP6, and then to 4.1 SP2 which is our current BOBJ version. We are using the same universes as there are many reports based off them. Any further new reporting developements are being done using the new BICS connection to BEX queries, but we are persisting with the old universes due to the overhead of existing reports.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kumar

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to confirm again, unfortunately at this time OLAP .UNV, OLAP .UNX and OLAP .CNS are not supported with Lumira.

Regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Agreed with Henry. This information can be found in SAP Lumira PAM.