cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in installing SMP 3 SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,
When I install the new SMP 3 SDK, I receive an error that the operating system is not supported.

It is a Win 7 Home Premium 64 - bit edition. It does not make sense because the PAM states that Win7 is supported. Is home premium not a part of it ?

Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue by running the installation in compatibility mode setting it as Windows 7. This worked.

Cheers,

Bharath

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue by running the installation in compatibility mode setting it as Windows 7

Can you share some more points on this? I didnt understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows OS offers an option to run executable using compatibility mode (Right click on exe - Properties - Compatibility). This essentially allows you to run software that is compatible with older versions of Windows to be executable in the newer version, much like a container. Here you can select the target OS as Windows 7.

I was running Windows 7, but I believe the SMP software must be running the OS version through a pre-defined check list where Home Premium isn't listed. Running in compatibility would have set the version to a generic Windows 7, which passes the SMP Software criteria ( my best guess.. )

Cheers

B

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt you are trying to install the patch SP03 before installing the SMP 3 SDK. If you try to install the patch before installing the SMP 3 SDK it will look for the SDK in the machine and throws error. So make sure that you have installed SMP 3 SDK before installing the patch SP03.

You can find the SMP 3 SDK under software downloads>installation and upgrades>A-Z Index>M>SAP Mobile Platform SDK> SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3 >Installation. and the patches under support packages and Patches.

SDK :

Patches:

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I doubt you are trying to install the patch SP03 before installing the SMP 3 SDK. If you try to install the patch before installing the SMP 3 SDK it will look for the SDK in the machine and throws error. So make sure that you have installed SMP 3 SDK before installing the patch SP03.

Actually No need. From SMP 3.0 SP03 onwards, there is no need to install any base version (SMP3.0) before installing any support package.

SMP 3.0 SP03 is coming as a fresh installer so directly we can install. I have tried it and it worked.

Rgrds,
JK

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I am not able to find SMP 3 SDK with SP03 in SAP market place. I can find SMP 3 SDK and SP03 patch separately.

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yeah..right. SMP 3.0 SP03 SDK has been made available under support Packages and Patches.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath?

If you have access to sap service marketplace you can check this note

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

it says for windows 7 enterprise edition.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply. They have just stated that in terms of virtualization environments, it has been tested with Win 7 enterprise '

Each of the above virtualization system environments has been tested with the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
  • Windows 7 Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

The minimum platform requirements does not state any limitation.

• CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2 GHz or higher, or equivalent AMD Processor for Windows systems.
  • RAM - 4 GB
  • Disk Space for Installation - 2 GB

However, I noticed that my installation zip has an executable for AMD processors only. Is there a different executable for Intel processors. Could that throw up an OS incompatibility error ? Or is it the processor compatibility ? It would have been so much better, if the error message was more descriptive.

Please let me know if you have any ideas around how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,

B

Message was edited by: Bharath

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
However, I noticed that my installation zip has an executable for AMD processors only. Is there a different executable for Intel processors. Could that throw up an OS incompatibility error ? Or is it the processor compatibility ? It would have been so much better, if the error message was more descriptive.

SMP runtime and mobile sdk installer is coming with setupAMD64 for windows.

I tried to install mobile sdk at Windows 7 professional with Processor: Pentinum(R) Dual-Core CPU and it did work.

And it also worked at other machine with processor details: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20Ghz and Windows 7 professional

Can you please help here? Can't we install SMP on Windows 7 Home Premium?

Rgrds,

JK