cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori B Scenario installation (Central Hub Deployment — Development in SAP NetWeaver Gateway System)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we cannot finalize our FIORI installation in B scenario.

We need clear confirmation of the following sentences, to complete our installation

There is a big LACK in documentation: in any install document there is NO explicit reference to the chosen scenario!!!!

We ask someone in SAP can confirm the following:

Scenario A: Central Hub Deployment — Development in SAP Business Suite Backend System:

- UI components  UISRA** in Gateway

- SRA components SRA** in ERP

Scenario B: Central Hub Deployment — Development in SAP NetWeaver Gateway System

- UI components UISRA** in Gateway

- SRA components SRA** in Gateway

(nothing in ERP??? -- could you confirm??)

Scenario C: Embedded Deployment — Development in SAP Business Suite Backend System

- UI components UISRA** in ERP

- SRA components SRA** in ERP

because Gateway is in the same ERP machine

and this page is incomplete

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/88/889a8cbf6046378e274d6d9cd04e4d/content.htm

Thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Developing custom apps - all A,B and C options are available.

Running Fiori apps - A and C. OData components should be installed on backend which has application data.

Please note that UISRA* components were obsoleted. Do not install UISRA*.

You can find new UI components in .

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa!

Thank you for you precise reply.

Do you know if there is any method to install Standard Fiori apps in B Scenario?

It seems that because of a few internal code reference, the standard install procedure doesn't work.

I would need to install the standard code and customize the references between Gateway and ERP but the MOPZ doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thank you so much!

M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Few points to help.

• Central hub and embedded installation are options for gateway setup in your environment.

If you decide to go with central hub, it implies that you would have a backend system (Eg ECC) and a standalone gateway system.

• If you plan to go with central hub installation you would have to install the odata component on the sap business suite.
  • For a clear understanding please go through the installation guide for fiori .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiori/fiori10_install_en.pdf

It clearly defines what component to be installed on which system.

Regards,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna

thanks for your reply, but in my opinion your reference to this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiori/fiori10_install_en.pdf

doesn't help a lot.

In that document there is NO reference to which scenario you are working with.

It tells that always

- UI components  UISRA** must be installed in Gateway

- SRA components SRA** must be installed in ERP

but we have configured the B scenario and this doesn't seem to work.

In the B scenario I expect to have:

- UII BSP pages in Gateway

- OData definitions in Gateway SEGW transaction

And if I install SRA** components in ERP I don't find these components in Gateway.

In my opinion the installation manual fiori10_install_en.pdf always refers to A scenario!!

I would like to have a CLEAR answer to this question:

in EVERY scenario (A, B, C) UISRA** components must be installed in Gateway and SRA** in ERP??

The documentation is confusing

I found other sources that are confusing too and always don't refer to a specific scenario.

thanks for any help

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Agreed the documentation refers to the A scenario.

Where in development exists on the backend ( ECC system).

And to make it clear SRA** are the odata components , and are installed on backend ECC in scenario A. Scenario A is the recommended way of deployment.

Now coming to your question, You have decided to go with Scenario B, that means all components are on the gateway system.

• Your gateway system would perform RFC calls to your backend system to fetch data.
  • You wouldnt see the standard odata projects in SEGW.
  • If you  you have installed all components, you can view the services in SICF transaction.
  • After that you need to activate the service in /iwfnd/maint_service individually.

You can check individual classes corresponding to each app in the gateway system itself.

I understand with so many options the documentation can be confusing.

Regards,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

thank you for for your reply.

According to Masayuki answer there is no way to install standard FIORI apps in Scenario B only in gateway.

On the contrary, you say that somehow is possible to install a standard FIORI app in B Scenario.

I'm not able to understand how to perform this.

In particular because as we try to install SRA ** components in Gateway, the installer doesn't allow it.

As we make the MOPZ (maintenance optimizer)  to install those SRA** components in the gateway only UISRA* * components can be selected. So through that comand we cannot install SRA** in gateway!

On top of this, we saw that inside standard Fiori apps a few code parts relates and connect to some "local" component:

If I look at the standard  “create order” class, CL_SRA017_SALESORDER_C_DPC_EXT, corresponding to the ODATA SRA017_SALESORDER_CREATE, I see in the method CUSTOMERS_GET_ENTITYSET that there is a direct SELECT FROM tvkot (into the CALL METHOD cl_sra017_so_i18n_util=>get_sales_org_name, at line 278).

If the ODATA is into the Gateway, as in Scenario B, the SELECT command will read the sales organization data from the Gateway system instead of the ECC. Because I see that the BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL is called specifying the DESTINATION, do you think that the previous SELECT is an error or that the organization data have to be copied into the Gateway?

This second option does not make sense in my opinion.

So, the result is that there is NO WAY to install and make the standard Fiori apps work in Scenario B.

Could you confirm?

Thanks

M