cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination Strategy - Procedures and License Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyway to configure GTS to "fail" the determination procedure if all license types and/or procedures aren't "green?"

For instance, in the screenshot below, if all determination procedures could not be 'passed', I want the Customs Document (Sales Order) to be blocked.

What are the options here?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Have you checked the following OSS Note: 2059178

With this note you will get the following option in the legal regulation settings area (GTS > Compliance Management > Legal Control > Control Settings for Legal Control)

You can then configure the system so that not only one but all determination strategies must be cleared.

Hope this will help

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Generally, once you have satisfied a Legal Regulation, then the document is released.  If more than one Licence is required, then surely there must be more than one regulation to satisfy?

As a tip: if you configure "Issuing Authorities" for the Licence Types (there's Code List for those), then you need to determine a Licence per Authority in order to satisfy the Legal Regulation.  That might help you to find a good solution.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice so far, Dave.

Maybe I can approach my requirement from a different angle. I'm kind of stuck with this one.

As you can see in the picture below, I have 5 country groups. Each country group does not contain a unique set of countries. There may be overlapping countries, which means that when the determination strategy runs, multiple country groups may be found.

For example: US is in country group "ALL" and "ZBEDR_L2".

If I assign CAT-ALL to the product, both country groups are found and assigned to the license master. This is easy.

The difficult part is what happens when I assign CAT3-GRP1 to a Product and a country is not in the country group ZBEDR_L3. I will receive "No import/export license found.....", which is expected because the correct country groups that contain US are not part of the determination strategy.

If I add the country groups that contain "US" and assign it to "LIC" with 'No Control' for the ZDRBE + CAT3-GRP1 + <country grp> + LIC strategy, then it works in some cases. The cases it does not work is when the 'controlled' country group is not sorted to the top. If an 'NLR' country group is found first, the system will assume the legal regulation check is 'NLR' and then exit.

Any advice is welcome!

I hope this makes sense

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I can understand the issue you describe, but can't see how you can succeed using a single Legal Regulation.  Maybe others have suggestions?

As I suggested above; if you could break down the checks into several Legal Regulations, then I think the solution could be very easy.  Each Legal Regulation would be passed or failed on its own merits, and every Legal Regulation would need to "pass" (by determining a Licence or NLR) in order to allow the transaction to succeed.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dave. I agree having multiple legal regulations is very easy and it crossed my mind many times as a quick solution, but it was a solution I was trying to avoid, but at this point it seems unavoidable. I wanted to keep all of the checks under one legal regulation because it truly is one regulation.  With each new legal regulation (including the 5 country groups), I will no longer be able to use the country groups because of the way they sort in the /SAPSLL/LRGCGP table, which is disappointing.

Thanks for all the advice you have offered so far!

Chris

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't mention it (but just tick the box!)...