Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display archived idoc data records in SARA

0 Kudos

Hello,

In our ERP system, we regularly archive idocs older than 6 months. To view these archived idocs I use transaction SARA (with archive object IDOC and infostructure SAP_IDOC_001) to search for the relevant idoc that has been archived. Once the idoc is displayed, I drill down further by clicking the magnify glass button which then displays the idoc levels:

EDIDC               Control record (IDoc)

EDIDD               Data record (IDoc)

EDIDS               Status Record (IDoc)

SRL_ARLNK      SREL: Archive Structure for Links

When I try to view the Data Records, I get a message saying "You are not authorized to display table EDIDD". According to our Authorizations department, this is not an Auth issue but rather config setup or program issue.

Why can't I view the archived idoc data records? Is there another way to view archived idoc data?

Regards,

Fawaaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any customizing for archiving that does not allow you to display this part. I am pretty sure it is a authorization setting when the SAP message is
"You are not authorized to display table EDIDD".

Hence moving it to Security space, it is anyway not MM related.

5 REPLIES 5

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any customizing for archiving that does not allow you to display this part. I am pretty sure it is a authorization setting when the SAP message is
"You are not authorized to display table EDIDD".

Hence moving it to Security space, it is anyway not MM related.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for moving my post to the correct space.

Our Auth team is very confident that this is not a user auth issue. This could possibly be true because the idoc data resides on the following tables when in the database (before archive) - EDIDC, EDID4 & EDIDS. The idoc could then be viewed via transaction WE02 or the Data Browser (SE16). There is no EDIDD table in our ERP system so obviously no authorization object to assign to.

Once the idoc is archived, the data is removed from the ERP tables and moved to our archive database/server for storage. So when trying to view the archived record, the system does not access the ERP tables but rather the archive directory (that it's mapped to in settings). I assume the SARA transaction merely displays the data in the same segments/grouping with these table names (mentioned above in my first post) but instead of EDID4 it displays EDIDD.

According to the error longtext, "The check performed when data is read from the archive is the same as that of the Data Browser (transaction SE16)". So I was not involved with setting up our archiving procedure but could it be that table EDID4 was incorrectly mapped to table EDIDD in archives?

Regards,

Fawaaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: could EDID4 be incorrectly mapped to EDIDD. You can check in table ARCH_OBJ (and surrounding tables) but I highly doubt it. All the more so since EDIDD is not a table but a structure.

However, if you access your archives via an infostructure, you need access to (a) table(s), the names of which start with ZARIX* (that would be the standard naming convention). You then need some kind of authorization along the lines of S_TABU_DIS for exaclty those ZARIX* table(s).

Do you have that?

0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

Thanks for the response. I've investigated further and see that EDIDD is in fact a structure and not a table. I also checked our idoc archive customizing and see that it saves to archive table ZARIXBC1.

I've asked our Auth department to check my auth access for this archive table and also to check auth objects S_TABU_NAM (Table Access) and S_TABU_DIS (Table Maintenance).

I'll provide feedback once I get a response.

Regards,

Fawaaz

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I was going through my old posts/questions and see this was never closed (marked as answered). My issue was SAP Auth related and our Auth team at that time was fairly new/junior and didn't work much with archiving structures it seems. They eventually managed to update my role & profile with the necessary missing objects.

Regards

Fawaaz