cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter not passing from Report to Sub-report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am having an issue with a crystal report..Works great when I run it in Crystal reports...but when i import it into sap...i get the error:

Cannot find parameter field Pm-Command.CardCode in subreport Discounts.

its basically a statement report..with 2 sub-reports...To bring in paid invoice, and discounts(posted as journals)

for both im bringing in the CardCode field.

I checked afew threads on the forums..to check if "Reimport when Opening" is unticked

Any Ideas

Its Crystal 2011.

SQL 2012

SAP 9.0 PL 07

Thank you

Jerusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerusha,

Try doing the links to the Subreport again.

Right-click the Subreport > Select Change Subreport Links > Move the CardCode field to the Pane on the right > Link it to the field in the Subreport.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash.

Thank you for the suggestion..i tried that..but still getting the same error.

Should try to add the sub-report again to the main report?

former_member477249
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, you can check after re-importing the sub report.

Are you sure that it works perfect in CR designer. If thats the case, then ideally it should work fine outside the designer as well.

By any chance, had you used a similar report in the past from the version of SAP PL that is being used.? I suspect if things are fine in CR deisgner then this has to do something with the feature support in the SAP PL.

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathamesh

I will give that a go.

yes i am sure the reports are working in crystal.

I tested it with a  couple of business partners and it works out the amounts exactly to what it is in Business One.

I havent used a report with sub reports before..Not to sure if the patch could be causing an issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I managed to get this right.

I had too many date parameters (of the same kind)

I linked the main report to the sub report and it now works in SAP.

Thank you all for your help.

Jerusha

0 Kudos

Hi Jerusha,

I am facing the same problem as well. Do u applied your date field in the main report or subreport? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chong

I had a date parameter in each sub report, but linked the main report to the sub report by the cardcode. i could not get the date chosen in the main report to filter to the subreports

so when running the report i had 3 date parameters and basically had to add the same date for each.

I hope this helps you..

Goood Luck

Regards,

Jerusha

0 Kudos

Hi Jerusha,

Many thanks for your information.