cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR and statistical GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we differentiate between satandard Gr and a Statistical GR?

In THP process some cases statistical GR are required.

Does movement type 543 triggers a statistical GR? If not how do i control it.

regards,

Sayantan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor

Hi,

In third party scenario, the vendor will directly supply the material to customer and hence the GR is not mandatory in case of third party scenario. The item category S plays the role. You may control it in the account assignment category used in the PO (the account assignment category assigned in VOV6 for the schedule line category) in OME9 transaction and define whether the GR can be done or NOT. If you want to track the GR (when the customer confirms) at customer site, in your system, you may define the item category accordingly and post the GR for the third party PO, which wont update any stock. You can very well proceed to invoice without the GR also. Since its just for tracking purpose only, its called statistical GR.

Actual GR will update the stock quantity as well as the stock value based on the type of PO and the material used.

Movement type 543 will be triggered when you post the GR for a subcontract PO. 543 movement type will be triggered for the BOM components of the PO material, which will consume the BOM materials while posting the GR for the parent material. Its not statistical GR.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually i was doing a scenario where i give components to a vendor, Who in turn make the finish product and send it to the customer.

While i do a GR the main item shows 101 and 543 for the sub-items. However it has not updated the stock, i am also not expecting the stock to increase as well. It is a direct delivery from the vendor to the customer.

As i finish up the process I am expecting the stock reduction of the sub-components which shows in vendor stock.

How do i update that.

Apprecting any inputs.

regards,

Sayantan

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using movement type 101 and 543, then system will reduce then stock for the component material which was lying on vendor end.

You can look into the t-code MBLB to check the stock under vendor.

Also look into t-code MB51 for movement type 543 and check the negative symbol for the quantity.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the movement type 543 is triggered, then the process is perfect and the child material will be consumed directly, when you do GR (101) for the parent material. You may check the stock of the sub-components (in MBLB transaction) before and after posting the GR and confirm.

Revert back if you need further clarification.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. 543 movement type is used for consumption of component.

It hits during GR for the subcontracting PO. Its nothing related to statistical GR.

Statistical GR is posted automatically from inbound delivery.

It will not effect the inventory management. For more details please check the thread

And about the normal GR, it will effect the inventory management and stock will be updated against the goods receipt.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayantan,

I am not very much aware about this however while searching the detail about statistical GR i found couple of insight about this process and thread sharing the same with you to get an idea. Might be helpful for you