Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 - Performance Advice (.CSV file to IDoc) Slow to IDoc Adapter

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm experiencing a curious sort of problem. I have a File Adapter Sender (File Conversion) to IDoc Receiver scenario. I'm passing a file to PI containing 4,000 records and I expect 4,000 IDocs to be posted in SAP.

Everything works fine to a point. The file is picked up , converted and the mapping executed. This happens almost instantly.  The problem I have is the message sits in PI and it takes an hour for the message to show "Delivering to channel:  CC_IDOC_RCVR"  - When the IDoc receiver is called the IDocs are then posted immediately in SAP.

I have checked set-up etc. but cannot find a reason why it's taking so long to call the IDoc Receiver.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. I'm not sure why it takes so long as I would expect that sort of volume to pass through PI and into SAP very quickly.

Thanks alot for your time.

Regards

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

Most likely this is because the IDoc partner profile on the ECC system is set to Immediate processing.

It should be set to background for high volume interface. Please check my replies in the following thread for further details

rgds

Eng Swee

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your reply. I have set it to background. I'll keep looking

Thanks

Gary

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It has eventually been discovered there is a bug in PI which is causing large logging volumes which in turn takes up all the CPU resources. SAP are working on a solution which will rectify this problem.

Thanks everyone for your help on this.

Regards

Gary

0 Kudos

Hi Gary!!!

i have the same problem.

can you tell us when SAP resolve the problem and the number SAP Note?

thanks

Levy Gonzalez

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Levy,

Yes no problem. Expecting a fix sometime next week on this.

Regards

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

I am also facing same issue. We had raised an OSS and SAP recommended to apply java patches, but that didn't help.

Can you please let me know how this issue was resolved ?

Regards,

Pratik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

You can check thread tuning as correctly advised by Amit.

Apart from that, you can also check in the receiver system (ECC) whether the partner profile for that particular IDoc is configured for Immediate Processing. If yes, set it in background processing and test again.

Regards,

Abhishek

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for taking the time .  Yes I did set the partner profile for the Inbound IDoc to background processing.

Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this sap note 1641541

I think, ur idoc xml message is having lot of segments inside it which is causing this issue. If i were u, i would have used record set per message.

BTW, i hope u have changed the occ of Idoc node and using the enhanced XSD in the mapping?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your input. I do have a lot of segments . I have set the occurs of the IDoc node and using the edited XSD for the mapping.

I'll check that note out to see if it helps.

Thanks alot

Regards

Gary

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

it is most likely the mapping which is the bottleneck.

/Udo

GaryK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

To check whether the mapping caused the bottleneck I'm copied the interface and removed the RFC Calls that were in there. I just substituted for constant values. I ran again and got the same issue. No mapping overhead but still the same result. It's a strange one.

Thanks

Gary