Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNT segment generation in Idoc to EDIFACT mapping

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have gone through many blogs and found some of the solution.

1) Mapping through count function, which is not working as per my understanding.

2) Confuguration through seeburger workbench, but since we are having SAP PO 7.4 so seeburger is replaced by B2B Toolkit so this solution cannot be considered.

The mapping is as per the snapshot :-

UNT : 0074 - Number of Segmets in(Quantity of segments in the message) Calculated.

Please suggest the appropriate solution, we are using SAP PO 7.4 so it would be better if we can do anthing in the mapping than configuration part.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Map a constant value, e.g. 1, to the fields in UNT and UNZ segments and test.

You will see the UNT and UNZ segments being filled automatically. There is no need for other things. Especially no Number Range Objects.

The NRO is intended, e.g., to uniquely number an EDI message or interchange.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I tried doing that but I am not able to get the result as "1" in the output if I am putting constant 1 in the UNT and UNZ segment fields.

Output:-

Have I done the correct settings? Is anything else need to be done?

Please guide.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Do not forget to use module localejbs/EdifactConverterModule in your receiver communication channel, producing the EDI interchange.

When you test your message mapping separately, you will see the fixed value in the target field.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Its working perfect.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

2) Confuguration through seeburger workbench, but since we are having SAP PO 7.4 so seeburger is replaced by B2B Toolkit so this solution cannot be considered.

...well, if using the B2B Toolkit then of course the Seeburger Workbench is no option... however if required, the Seeburger Adapters are still available also for  PO 7.4.

Kind Regards

Stefan

shweta_walaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

With B2BAddon Toolkit, you can use NRO(Number Range Object) in Mapping to achieve this.

Please refer to this document for details about NRO:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/505eceda-fa91-2f10-4a9b-e5e99285e...

Thanks!

Regards,

Shweta

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for your inputs.

How can we map to the number of count to the segments? It is incrementing the values in the section "multiple number per message" but would it be linked to any value in source side?

Bit confused with the document. If you have configured the same requirement, please can you explain in brief?

Thanks,

Nidhi