Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL questions

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can some one please help me understand why the word TIME here is being converted to DIME (BP search term)? My search term origin is set as "Basis for Comparison Exclusively from Sanctioned Party List". Also, why is the Match 100%? Is it because DIME has all letters of EDIM? What settings must I change so that the word TIME is looked at, not DIME?

Attached is the picture:

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Are you using TREX ?

Regards.

Mouaz

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

No, we are not using TREX.

Thanks,

Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than the Alias terms, do you have any phonetic settings or normalization strings ?

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

No phonetic settings.

Here are my normalization strings.

Thanks,

Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, the explanation of why the word TIME is converted to DIME is because you have the Normalization string where any letter T is converted to D...

If you remove the Normalization string T->D, don't forget to regenerate the search terms, both for SPL terms and BP terms...

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That worked, why is the % at 100? Coz DIME has all words from EDIM?

How do I set the settings so the actual word is looked at?

Thanks,

Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this still puzzles me because in GTS SPL we have the word-within-word constraint, meaning one full word has to be found within compared word in order to have a match:

Eg: word ABC compared to word XXXABCXXX can lead to a match as ABC is found within XXXABCXXX

Word ABC compared to word XXXCBAXXX shouldn't lead to a match as ABC is not found within in word XXXCBAXXX... only way for them to match is using TREX... but you said you don't use it so that puzzles me...

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on a low version of GTS (7.2) with low service package. It might so be that some fixes (notes) are missing. Thanks for your time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Can you please check if you have Alias terms setup in Area Menu- SPL- Master data- General settings for comparison indexes?

I am just guessing if there is an alias setup to consider DIME for TIME.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Thanks for the fast response. The alias setup does not exist for TIME and DIME. (I checked it in transaction  /SAPSLL/VC_CMPAS)

Thanks,

Satish