cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server Installed but doesnt respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the Content server on Win2K3 as given in the installation guide.I have installed for file storage on the file system.

After installation i got the message that everything is ok.But then when i execute the command

http://<server>:<port>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

I get the response as page cannot be displayed.I want to use the content server for DMS storage so that i can use KPro instead of the vault.

Same thing when i do

http://<server>:<port>/

I get a pop-up asking for the user-name and password but when i give the user name as administrator and password it doesnt allow access.

Please advise

Regards

Ankan Majumdar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Installation of KPro, you have to configure the IIS server (Refere the SAP KPro Installation Manual). After you go to and try http://<server>:<port>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

URL you will get the status with blank screen.

Then you can configure KPro with SAP using CSADMIN tcode.

Regards,

Bala.c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The steps to configure KPro are given in the installation manual itself.

But how do i install the KPRo,I have been trying to locate this KPRo installation manual but didnt have much luck.Could you help me out with that.

Regards

Ankan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Content server up and running .The problem was permissions in IIS.

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankan,

could you tell me a little bit about how KPRO works with file system storage. What are the files created in the background when you say check-in a document. Also is it possible to directly access the file using the file system.

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note Number : 361123

Symptom

You want the SAP Content server to work properly.

Other terms

Signed URLs, AdminSecurity, SsfVerify failed

Reason and Prerequisites

The SAP Content Server was installed in accordance with the installation guide. For new installations, we recommend that you use the latest released version of the SAP Content Server, regardless of the SAP System release to which the SAP Content Server is connected.

Solution

This note provides additional information on different aspects of security when using the SAP Content Server.

Security against data loss

• The SAP server content stores the contents of the confidential document either in an SAP-DB instance or in the file system. To avoid data loss, the usual measures for databases and file systems are taken. These are only mentioned briefly here: Redundant hardware (mirror disks, raid systems and so on), regular backup (log files, backup). When you back-up the Content Server, note that you also have to save the ContentServer.ini configuration file as well as the Security directory in addition to backing up the database instance or the directories of the file system used for document content.

• Note 319332 describes backup strategies for a Content Server with database folders.

• SAP does not have a tool for backing up file system folders. In this case it is the responsibility of the customer to select and convert the backup strategy. Here you should note that, for a complete and consistent backup of a file system folder, it may be necessary to shut down the Content Server for the duration of the backup.

Security against unauthorized accesses on filed contents

• Before you access the content server, an authorization check usually occurs in the SAP system. However, the content server is usually accessed using a disclosed HTTP log. To make sure that only authorized accesses are possible, 'signed URLs' must be used. Signed URLs are URLs that were signed by the SAP system. You can recognize signed URLs because they are considerably longer than unsigned URLs and contain additional parameters. The signed URL, in particular, contains the additional parameters expiration (expiry time) and secKey (digital signature). A signed URL is only valid if the expiry time has not yet been exceeded and if it contains a valid signature. In order that the signature can be checked by the content server, the public key (certificate) of the SAP system must be stored on the content server and tagged for the corresponding repository. Transactions OAHT, OAC0 (as of 4.6C) and CSADMIN (as of 4.6C for SAP content server) are used to transfer the certificate. The certificate must be activated on the content server for the repository. Use CSADMIN to do this (for SAP Content server).

• In order that the digital signature of the SAP system can be used properly, EVERY SAP system must have its own unique certificate. To ensure this, a 'PSE' must be generated once in every SAP system after this SAP system is developed. Use transaction PSEMAINT to do this (note 354819).

• To protect the connection between the Content Server and its SAP-DB instance, the name and password of the database user can be changed and stored in encrypted format in the configuration of the content server. For details, see note 661852.

Access control for the administration

• The content server is partly administered from within the SAP system, and partly from outside it. When it is administered from outside, you must ensure that only authorized persons have (administrative) access to the server on which the content server is running. The (administrative) access to the database (note 212394) must be restricted accordingly.

• In order that administrative accesses from the SAP system are only possible for authorized persons, the parameter AdminSecurity must be set to 1 in the content server. You will find details on this in the installation documentation of the SAP Content Server.

Protection against server hardware outage

• The Windows version of the SAP Content Server can also be installed in an MSCS environment (Microsoft Cluster Server). For more detailed information, see "SAP Content Server 6.20 in an MSCS Environment", dated March 4, 2003, in the "News" section on the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/ha

• The duration of the non-availability of content servers, cache servers and alias servers can be reduced with the automated operator intervention described in note 484459.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Thank you for the information.It is very helpful.I have already been able to install the Content Server and start using the content server for storing documents from DMS before.

There were permisson issues on the IIS due to which the website for SAP_CONTENT_SERVER was not created so i had to reinstall the whole thing again after changing the security tab for the IIS.

Then using CSADMIN,OAC0,OACT all the config can be done easily.I am using file system storage instead of SAPDB(MAXDB) storage.I have created my repository and am saving documents in the repository.Initially my choice of document storage was the "DMS VAULT" but then due to the redlining function not being available( without usage of KPRO) i had to start using the content server.

Thanks for your adivse.It is very helpful.

Regards

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majumdar,

Please check the steps:-

1. Define Content Repositories

<b>Document Area :</b> DMS

<b>Storage type:</b> 04 HTTP content Server

<b>Version N0:</b> version whether it is 4.7/ECC5.0/ECC6.0

<b>HTTP Server:</b> xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

<b>Port N0:</b> Port Number your content server

<b>HTTP Script</b>: Contentserver/ContentServer.dll

click "CS Admin"

go to "certificate" tab

click on <b>send mail icon</b> (some certificate is sent)

you see CN=DBE, serial n0, etc

make it <b>active.</b> (you see a tick sign)

Check in the tab "settings"

whether ContReproot, ContentStorageHost, ContentStorageName, StorageDriver, are coming as per your settings.

<b>Content Categories</b>

<b>Document Area</b> : DMS

<b>Content Repository:</b> As defined above ( here there is icon with forward arrow click on that)

Rest everything will be copied.

Hope this will solve the issue, please check very carefully every step.

Regards

Rehman Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The manual (PDF) would be on the same CD as the installation software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no installation document found in the DVD from where i have done the installation.Can you please locate it exactly.

Regards

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a CD with me. They normally remain at clients. Try searching for "CSINSTWIN.pdf" and you should locate it.

You could also use the search button on this webpage and you would have found it...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/400a0694-0701-0010-3a8f-c1a9b6af...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the old guide,i have the Content server Operation Manual as well as the content server installation guide.But both dont help.My content server website doesnt respond after installation when i try to connect using the first URL for testing for positive connection on the content server.

Regards

Ankan