cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantitative MIC

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I have defined Qualitative & Quantitative Characteristics.While doing results recording i am  trying to add one more Quantitative Characteristics.The system is displaying all qualitative Characteristics created not the Quantitative Characteristics.

In MIC i have selected Incomplete copy model is it the reason for not displaying Quantitative Characteristics?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MM,

You have to make its status Complete Copy model, Reference Characteristics. If you make it Incomplete Copy Model than your all filed will not be copied into Result Recording.

Please Check

So if you are using Incomplete Copy Model than all values are not copied to it.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Complete model doesn't suit my requirement because for example  my MIC is Hole the dimensions differ from product to product then i have to create Hole1 ,Hole 2 & so on... & If there are 100 different dimensions then there will be multiple MIC.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May I know what exactly is the process and design? I mean what is the reason that you need to assign the MIC during result recording. Why can't it be assigned to task list ?

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Business doesn't want characteristics assigned in plan,when doing RR,they will add characteristics which they are going to record only when it is going to be defective, they will skip RR & do UD directly.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MM,

Means you want to change you MIC characteristics at Inspection level. So make that MIC as Complete Copy model and use it. You can change the  MIC values at Inspection plan.

Regards,

saurabh kumar

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MM,

An Incomplete Copy Model has some values missing so when you assigned to it it will give you a error(as i think). Please test that scenario by using Complete Copy Model. do not assign in Inspection Plan and assign in result recording.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Let me check this option

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

It doesn't give error ,It is not displayed when check for characteristics in RR

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any reason (or not aware) for not using Complete copy model in this case. Make MIC for HOLE with complete copy model status and do not maintain the quant.data and save it.

This way you can always assign this during result recording or when needed.

Pl share if there is some another implication.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MM,

I hope this work.

Reagrds,

Saurabh kumar

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

In incomplete model there is no necessity to maintain data in QS21,but in complete mode it is mandatory to maintain the Quantity data,which will then reflect in QP01.

Your solution does not work.

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

No

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MM,

What did you do. Can you explain. Is it giving any error.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know why do you say it is mandatory? I have always been able to bypass the 'Quantitative data' screen. Simply enter when you see that and your MIC would be saved/ modified/ created.

Or else, I'm not aware if there is some configuration setting for this

ntn

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Now when i choose complete copy model it is displaying the quantitative characteristics but earlier i tried it did not display

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without assigning MIC in Inspection Plan, you can't do either RR or UD.

Inspection Plan should be created with appropriate usage & that should be assigned to Inspection lot manually / automatically. You can't add MIC directly during RR.

You can make MIC as optional so that some of unwanted MIC can be skipped. Also, there is an option to "After Accept" and "After Rejection", etc.,

You have to make use of something mentioned above to achieve your requirement.

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

The requirement i have 3 MIC in my plan.When i do RR i want to add the 4TH MIC which has already been created.The issue the Qualitative is displayed when i search but quantitative not listed when i search.Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think MIC can be added at RR level.

Please attach the screen shot of your process steps & where you can see Qualitative MIC but not Quantitative MIC.

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I am able to add Qualitative MIC when i click on create additional characteristics icon next to deselect icon where the Qualitative MIC is displayed but not Quantitative MIC in RR screen.

Adding MIC means not creating new MIC but adding already created MIC.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Change to it Complete copy model and repeat the process. You'll be able to assign then.

I assume you talking about assigning the MIC in the result recording screen of QA32 itlself.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the status of the quantitative charecteristics. The status must be in  released  condition.