cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - Agentry - ATE - Public Key Request Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in SMP3 and Agentry 7 I'm able to connect ATE to the server with web socket and http connection. Now I got a problem with the security.

During the connection phase from ATE to SMP server I got this error:

Requesting Public Key from Server

Public Key Request Failed

I installed locally the c:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\smp_crt.cer certificate in the local Trusted Certificate.

Any suggestion? or hook?

thanks

-- Marco

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Most likely this issue is a result of the Agentry server not being able to load the encryption keys from the OS due to a permissions issue.  Did you initially install your SMP 3 server and start it as a service and now are trying to run it under your user account?

If so, the quick fix is to launch the SMP3 server go.bat as an administrator so it can properly access the keys.   You can quickly tell if this is the problem by checking your startup.log and looking for the following

13:52:40 05/22/2014:    1 initial threads.  Threads will auto-scale.

13:52:40 05/22/2014: Event: 0, 2, Loading the Agentry Runtime's public/private key for password exchanges.

13:52:41 05/22/2014: Event: 0, 2, Key pair loaded successfully.

If you see a message similar to the following

08:46:41 05/23/2014: Event: 0, 2, Loading the Agentry Server's public/private key for password exchanges.

08:46:41 05/23/2014: Event: 0, 2, Error loading cryptography keys: "Unable to open or read a keystore", Object already exists.

You know this is the problem.

So you can either run as an admin all the time or go fix the permissions / recreate the crypto key as your user account.

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm when you go to the Server URL you get "I am here" on the page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I got it