Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OPC servers found on the machine specified

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i add the source system in PCo,  I get “No OPC servers found on the machine specified” message. Search is done on localhost.

Kerservex is installed on the local machine.

Version:

PCo : 2.3

KEPServerEX: 5.14

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shridhar..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

First make sure that the OPCEnum service is started and is in Automatic Start mode.

Second, inspect your hosts file (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc) and make sure that localhost is assigned to 127.0.0.1; or you can enter 127.0.0.1 into the Server Name field.

If you installed PCo before installing the Kepware OPC Server, please uninstall PCo and re-install. PCo must be installed after installing either an OPC Server or the OPC Core Components redistributable, as documented in the PCo Installation Guide.

Regards, Steve

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Thanks for you reply.

OPCEnum is running in Automatic mode, host entry is correct.

Installed OPC Core Components Redistributable (x64)

Installed OPC UA Local Discovery Server 1.00

re-installed PCo 2.3

but still get the same message.

Can you advise.

Thanks,

Shridhar.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Please uninstall PCo, uninstall the Core Components, and install the OPC Core Components Redistributable for x86, then re-install PCo latest version from Service Marketplace.  Confirm that you are using a supported Windows Server OS, or are installing on Windows 7 or later for desktop/laptop use.

Make sure you are starting Management Console as an Adminstrator,and that your Windows account on the server has Administrative permissions.

Also, open the Kepware OPCQuickClient and make sure that you can add an OPC Server; this will confirm the OPC Browsing and the rest of the OPC DA components are working correctly.

Regards, Steve

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I un-installed PCo, Core Components and then re-installed Core and PCo, Still not working.

We have PCo/KepserverEx on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server and my domain account is in Administrator group.

I don't find Kepware in OPCQuickClient from Edit > New Server Connection but I could open .OTC file from  File and Open.

What could be missing?

Thanks,

Shridhar.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

It appears that OPC Browsing is not enabled.  Please confirm that OPCEnum service is started and is in Automatic Start. Also,please check the Windows Event Logs for any errors with OPCEnum.

It may be that you have to completely uninstall PCo, Core Components, and Kepware and re-install. If you do this, re install these products in the following order:

Kepware (make sure your right click on the installer exe and Run as Administrator)

PCo (make sure you right click on the installer exe and Run as Administrator)

NOTE: As long as you install an OPC Server prior to installing PCo it is usually not necessary to install the OPC Core Components prior to installing PCo, as the OPC Server install (Kepware for sure) will install the necessary core components.

Regards, Steve

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I completely uninstalled PCo, Core Components, and Kepware and re-installed OPC server and PCo.

Still i am not able to browse Kepware in OPCQuickClient and in PCo.

What could be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Shridhar.   

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

I was able to duplicate this by stopping the OPCEnum service in Services, and setting its Startup Type to Disabled.  So it appears that OPCEnum service is not running on the server.  Please confirm that OPCEnum is registered as service (visible in the Control Panel ->Administrative Tools -> Services applet) and that its Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Regards, Steve

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Here is the screen shot of services. OPCEnum is running in Automatic mode and Kepware services are running.

Could you please advise.

Thanks,

Shridhar.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Lets start over. Please do this:

1. Export your PCo Project into a personal folder
  2. Uninstall PCo and delete the files and folders in Progam Files (x86)\SAP\Plant Connectivity directory.
  3. Save your Kepware project (not in the default Kepware project folder, but a personal folder)
  4. Uninstall Kepware and delete the Program Files (x86)\Kepware Directory.
  5. Uninstall the OPC Core Components from Control Panel.
  6. Reboot
  7. Re-install Kepware (this will also install the OPC Core Components)
  8. Open your Kepware Project file in KepServerEX
  9. Browse for OPC Servers with OPCQuickClient.
  10. If successful, install PCo and import the PCo project, and browse for OPC Servers.

If you still cannot find Kepware OPC Server from OPCQuickClient in step 9, please contact Kepware Technical support to enlist their help in troubleshooting this issue before proceeding with step 10.

Regards, Steve

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Seems issue was with that particular Kepware version, we used a different version of Kepware server and its working.

Thanks for your help.

Br,

Shridhar