cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Drop Down Selection List

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just want to ask how to create a drop down selection list for some of the dms fields like the Authorization Group and for the Characteristic Value. Example, we have define a Characteristic for the store name. Then we would like to have selection list of the 3 stores, like store 1, store 2, store 3. Is it possible in customizing? Please let me know the procedure. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Reene,

What Ravi said about "Authorization Group" is correct. In standard SAP DMS "Authorization Group" field will not have F4 values. You can use it as Free Text. If you want to have F4 values in this then you can apply user exit & maintain a Z-table like "YDMS_AUTH_GR" & maintain all required values in this table. Also have a validation that if user tries to enter a value which is not there in "YDMS_AUTH_GR" table system should give error message like "Plz enter a correct auth. Group.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. That is what we supposedly to do to request to our ABAP development team to make it possible. I just thought that there's another option we can do in customizing. Thank you so much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

For characteristic values to appear, you need to maintain the values in the characteristic created for 'Store' in CT04 tcode.

As far as authorisation group is concerned, by standard SAP delivers authorisation group without F4 help since authorisation group field is common across all modules and F4 search domain may vary for different modules/screens.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi for your reply.

Characteristic value was already created in ct04. what I mean here is to have the selection list for that value. and this will vary also per document type. Is it also possible? Thanks

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

You mean to say, that the char values will have further drill down of values (sub char values)..

It would be better if you send us the business case.

Regards,

Ravi