Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Data Manager - Is it possible to set up default Export to Excels?

Hi there~

Currently in MDM Data Manager, when you select Export to Excel, you have to choose which fields you would like to export and set it up in an order you desire every time (pictured below).  There is a specific template I need to populate, which requires specific fields in a specific order every time.  I have been setting this up manually, and it gets time consuming for having to do it constantly.  I have heard there may be a way to set up Export to Excel to be in a order you pre-define, however after reading the Reference Guides and searching previous conversations, I have not found an answer?  Is there a way to do this? And if so, how?

Current version I am using - 7.1 SP11

Thank you!

replied

Hi Rachel,

Once you open the Syndicator you can create only those fields which you want to be exported in the  "Destination Items" tab.

Just right click and start creating . After creating the fields switch back to the Item mapping tab and you will find all the fields created in the "Destination Items".

Now select the table from which you want the data to be exported from the Left hand side top of the screen . Your "Source Items" will automatically change to all the fields from the selected table .

Now start mapping the Source and Destination . Once you are done goto File and Save the map ( This will make sure you can reuse the next time you log in) .

The Free form search is always available to filter out your data . Once all your Filters are placed save the map and hit the execute button.

The data should come in a csv format which can be opened in the form of an Excel.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question