cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager - Is it possible to set up default Export to Excels?

rachel_rubo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there~

Currently in MDM Data Manager, when you select Export to Excel, you have to choose which fields you would like to export and set it up in an order you desire every time (pictured below).  There is a specific template I need to populate, which requires specific fields in a specific order every time.  I have been setting this up manually, and it gets time consuming for having to do it constantly.  I have heard there may be a way to set up Export to Excel to be in a order you pre-define, however after reading the Reference Guides and searching previous conversations, I have not found an answer?  Is there a way to do this? And if so, how?

Current version I am using - 7.1 SP11

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

It is simple to achieve this using syndicator.Also,for a future requirement applying filters and saving configurations can be useful.These make a map handy.

A flat file so obtained can be imported to excel or other databases.

Thanks,

Ravi

rachel_rubo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi~

Thank you for your response!  Now, I am fairly new to they Syndicator, I have much more background in the Data Manager, so please forgive me as I am not too savy in this area. I did check the SP11 Reference Guide for the Syndicator and also did some searching online, but did not find a step-by-step process to walk me through this.  Is there a written up procedure that I can follow in order to make this export to excel in the set-up/template I desire?  As soon as I login to the Syndicator and chose File-->Export, I don't know where to proceed from there or if I should even begin there?

Thank you!

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Once you open the Syndicator you can create only those fields which you want to be exported in the  "Destination Items" tab.

Just right click and start creating . After creating the fields switch back to the Item mapping tab and you will find all the fields created in the "Destination Items".

Now select the table from which you want the data to be exported from the Left hand side top of the screen . Your "Source Items" will automatically change to all the fields from the selected table .

Now start mapping the Source and Destination . Once you are done goto File and Save the map ( This will make sure you can reuse the next time you log in) .

The Free form search is always available to filter out your data . Once all your Filters are placed save the map and hit the execute button.

The data should come in a csv format which can be opened in the form of an Excel.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Yes it is mentioned under separate headers activity wise.

But once you know how to connect ,then you can start with each activity like -

->Prepare destination Item for flat files.

->Set Map configurations.

->Preparing map

->Saving map

->Executing syndication.

Please let me know if you have any more question.

Thanks,

Ravi

rachel_rubo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vag~

Thank you so much for responding to this! 

I have created my mapping, however if I choose Export, I only get two file type options, syn and xml.  Neither are working when I try and open in Excel.  I tried saving with types xls and csv, but neither of those worked either, Excel would just open with jibberish.

I know you mentioned to hit the execute button, but since the map is linked to a remote system that is our productive environment, I'm afraid to hit that to export data into SAP, when all I want to do is export it to an Excel file.

Any advice on how to get the map into Excel correctly would be much appreciated!!!

THANK YOU,

Rachel

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Ok, then i would suggest you to duplicate the same map and do not tag it to any remote system/Port ,

Then you do not have to worry about mis-firing of the syndication when you execute .

Let me know how it work out .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

rachel_rubo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vag~

That did work, thank you very much!

Hopefully, just one last question.  I am mapping tuples (telephones, fax, e-mail)for the customer and vendor repositories, and the line repeats for any multiple tuple value.  For example, if I have two phone numbers, I have two repeated lines in my destination preview.  I read the Syndication Reference Guide, screen p shot pictured below, and it has mentioned this happens, but I did not see any workaround. Is it not possible to have tuples show up on one line, instead of multiple?

Thank you!

Rachel

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

I do not think that can be achieved on the Syndicator . But you can merge the fields on the excel sheet once you have downloaded it .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

rachel_rubo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vag~

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Rachel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just in addition to what Ravi said, a flat tab separated file can be readily opened in excel. So should solve your purpose.

-Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might probably like to use MDM Syndicator to achieve this.

But its not posible through Data Manager.

Regards,

Ali