cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underdelivery Tolerance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a couple of questions. Please help.

Based on sap help below -- underdelivery tolerance is applicable only to MTO products.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/a8/8863423dbc0e53e10000000a155106/content.htm

My queries are:

1.  How is system going to check whether the material is MTO or MTS in APO? Is it going to be only on the basis of Planning Strategy maintained in the APO Product-Location Master Data ?

2.  Has anybody tested and found that it works for MTS products also? Just to clarify -- if we have a Sales order for MTS material -- can it be dynamically pegged to a planned receipt or stock which is of slightly lesser quantity ?

Thanks in advance for any help and pointers...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. MTO is checked by the sales order item account id. The sales order item has to be in the customer segment.
  2. for standard it does not work with MTS because it is expected that the material can be reproduced or reprocured in sufficient quantity.
  3. What do you mean by lesser quality? How would you model this? If you want to do this you should use Characteristics-Dependent Planning (CDP). Then you can use Pegging via Characteristics.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp03/helpdata/en/4c/5b872f980a7514e10000000a42189b/content.htm?f...

BR Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks but I have mentioned quantity in my question and not quality-- so we are not talking about CDP here.

Coming back to question of MTS and MTO -- I tested a scenario in which I did not maintain any planning strategy or tolerance in APO product-location . I have a Sales order with underdelivery tolerance in it and when I created a delivery against  this SO, the SO quantity is reduced to zero in APO.

So, does this mean that underdelivery tolerance is working even for MTS scenario?

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

underdelivery tolerance can also work with an MTS scenario. However it is more difficult to understand and control.

Please see notes

for more information.

Frank

Answers (0)