cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a POP-up window using a URL.

giri_pailla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got stuck up with the below issue, Kindly help me out.

My Scenario:

I made use of a UI element (Link to Action). With this "Link to Action", I am calling an SAP customized TCODE.(This Tcode involves some internal functionality)

This Tcode is getting opened in an external Window. (As I constructed a URL in the Method of "Link to Action")

Reason:

The reason why I constructed a URL is, I have to pass a value to the opened screen (Upon clicking the "Link to action" link in my previous screen).

My Requirement:

Now, I am looking for the same SAP GUI Tcode screen, to be opened as a POP-UP window (But not in the external window)

Dear experts, I am anticipating for a quick responses on this.

Kindly help me out in this.

Thanks in advance,

P.M.Giri .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could create a View with IFrame UI and place this view in a Window and call that window as popup and set the url of IFrame to the constructed url.

Regards,

Kiran

giri_pailla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the response,

I have followed as you said, but It is asking for Java Installation and client system does not have Java..

Do we have any other way to achieve the above functionality..

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Giri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

As Mr. Kiran, said create an IFRAME uielement on view V_POPUP and bind the url source and embed this into a window W_POPUP.

To create popup window in WDA, please refer the below document

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

giri_pailla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have gone through the link which you attached but it seems to be a normal pop up display.

But we are looking for Pop up using already constructed URL..

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Giri