cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm58 and RSARFCEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru 's

Can anybody tell me what is sm58 T-code .

I have R/3 , BW and APO system . Both APO and BW system are connected via rfc to R/3 .

I find some old request of last month in error . I dont know what to do with this .

Which tables does this error request get populated.

Also , what is the report " RSARFCEX ", what does it do and what frequency should we scheduled this report .

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

transaction SM58 is a report for monitoring the status of transactional RFC.

So with this transaction you can monitor the status of the tRFC communication towards your APO and BW.

The reason why somethimes it happens that you have an entry in that report is that an error happened (you can see the error description by double clicking on the status, tipically SYSFAIL) while trying to deliver a message to the target system.

For example if the user and password specified in the RFC destination are wrong (in transaction SM59) you'll get an error status in SM58.

Once you see an error you can manually restart the execution of the RFC.

Report RSARFCEX is used to automatically restart the execution of messages in error status so you get rid of temporary errors.

The scheduling frequency depends on your requirements but tipically it is scheduled every 5 or 10 minutes.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio

Thanks for you guidance

I fell the monitoring the status of the tRFC communication towards your APO and BW are done by smq1 and smq2 .

Here , you can get the SYSFAIL error .But in TCode sm58 , i get the following error

eg., Time limit exceeded., An SQL error occurred when accessing a table.

The headers of this Tcode output is as

Caller|FunctionModule|TargetSystemDate|Time|StatusText|TransactionID|Host|Tctn Program| Clnt Rpts|

Also is report " RSARFCEX " is this standard BASIS job .And is it compulsary to schedule this job or can we clear the errors manually.

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

SMQ1 and SMQ2 are used to monitor the status of qRFC communication, not tRFC.

Depending on the error you can get a different message even in SMQ1 an SMQ2.

Report RSARFCEX is part of the standard jobs that the basis should schedule to solve temporary error due e.g. to network problems or unavailability of the target system (this sometimes happen when you link a sap system with a non sap system via idoc).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sergio