cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postings have been made for WBS element - Deletion not allowed - Message no. CJ725

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How can i delete a WBS which has postings have been made for it (it has records in the CJI3)?

Postings have been made for WBS element AD-TEST20-03-1-80-L - Deletion not allowed

Message no. CJ725

I tried some workarounds, but every time i try i got the subject message:

• I reversed the line item documents in FB08 so that the total cost on the WBS = 0.0 and tried to delete it afterwards but it didn't workout.
  • I deleted the line item document from the database via KBEA so that the running CJI3 on the WBS triggers the message: "No line items were selected" and tried to delete it afterwards but it didn't workout.
  • I marked the WBS for deletion, and tried to delete it afterwards but it didn't workout.

So, kindly advise: Is there anyway to delete this WBS element??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run CJEN and check again.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried the CJEN and no difference, still cannot delete it

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the WBS will not be deleted in this way as the account assignment indicator of WBS will be in display mode and it will not not allow to delete WBS physically from database.

I would suggest you to go for Archiving this WBS .

What is the issue if you mark this WBS for deletion(indicator) and make deleted objects as 'Display' in CJ20N? (this is another workaround to deal it.)

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I archive this WBS only "and still have the rest pf the project operative"? - How?

I want to permanently delete the WBS from database

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. I believe it will work in that way.Put the deletion indicator in WBS and try with SARA. (Never delete WBS from database PRPS table.) Its always better to check the things in testing client first and reproduce them in production.

Check more on it in

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/6e/966c39917d423ee10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards

Saurabh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't the message explains itself. The wbs element is already used somewhere.

To delete the WBS element, you can look up into the document http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/informationServices/aasis/FI/Documents/DeleteWBSElement1.pdf

Also refer to the similar thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WBS is has no entries now as i deleted the FI document. and it's not used somewhere elsse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still you see the actual costs in CJI3 for the referenced WBS element.

For cancellation/reverse process,you have to work backwards all the entries. Then check the tables RPSCO, COEP, COVP etc for existing of actual costs. Once you are sure that no more actual costs exists, execute CJEN in order referesh the DB table entries.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No  I don't see records in CJI3 for the WBS as I deleted the line item document from the database via KBEA