Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing the multiple sender xml one by one in a time gap to RFC

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to process the multiple sender xml file one by one from FTP to RFC in time gap.

For Ex:

I will place 10 xml file in a FTP path at a  time, PI is picking 10 file at a time and process it to RFC at a time.

Any other way to process the multiple file one by one through PI in a time gap to RFC

(i,e) PI needs to process the 10 files one by one, once the first file processed successfully from FTP to RFC then the next file to process in a time gap to avoid getting the error in RFC.

Kindly suggest your ideas or share some links how to process this multiple files.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

Along with EOIO option as Eng Swee Yeoh mentioned, you can also consider a custom adapter module to introduce a time delay in case your target application message processing really demands

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

Did you consider using EOIO at the FTP sender channel so that the messages are queued up and processed sequentially through the system?

Rgds

Eng Swee

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

If i understand you, you need to processes the files sequentially, (ie) the second file must wait to be processed until the first file has been processed.

For this kind of scenario you need a ccBPM or NW BPM.

I was wondering another tricky way without, it is to create a Proxy - RFC (sync) solution with a file lookup. In the sender ABAP code you can control when the second file will be treated, i mean the proxy can wait the RFC response. If the file lookup doesnt pick any file the RFC will response a flag to the proxy pointing the finish of the proccess.

Regards.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki ,

<<<For this kind of scenario you need a ccBPM or NW BPM

NW BPM is not possible in PI 7.1 right?

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

You can use CE BPM with PI 7.1 But first check the suggestion of Anupam in the below thread:

Regards,

Nabendu.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

NW BPM was released for PI 7.31 integration. I doubt that SAP recommend its use with below PI releases.

Regards.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

How I can execute by proxy why becoz, here I am taking data from xml file

(i,e) FTP(file)->PI->RFC.

Kindly suggest.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Nabendu    for mentioning me in this thread. Its a pleasure when my friends remember me.