Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate GUI-Session after x-time

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

with the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout it is possible to make a gui-logoff after x-idle time.

My question is, is there also a possibility to end just one session (window) after x-idle time?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Adil,

thanks for the notes.

But this is not what I am looking for.

I am looking explicit for a session-close.

Kind regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member654794
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have sap ecc6 with ehp7 wish Sybase database 15.07 kindly confirm did above rdisp/keepalive : Timer for unused connections check support?

Regards,

Sarwar Chauhan

smchauhans@gmail.com

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As already said by it's not possible to control the log off for a particular idle sap user session.

But here we've one more parameter named rdisp/keepalive   : Timer for unused connections check

Parameter Description : Specifies the maximum time (in seconds) after which the dispatcher uses a ping to check a SAP GUI connection on which no data has been transferred for this length of time. If the SAP GUI does not respond within the time specified by rdisp/keepalive_timeout, the dispatcher terminates the connection.

Hope this parameter help you somewhere but not in case for one particular session end .

Regards,

Gaurav

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

My question is, is there also a possibility to end just one session (window) after x-idle time?

The quick answer is NO

Regards

RB

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This parameter is not session specific... if the dispatcher does not receive a requests from the GUI in X amount of time it simply log off the user regardless of the number of sessions.

Regards, Juan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I know that this is not session specific - I am looking for a session specific one.

Kind regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does not exist.

Actually if you think about it... it does not make sense to have one... basically if you have 6 sessions your user will be logged off when the timeout occurs on your latest session.  This effectively means that your other sessions will be allowed to stay active until the session that you used last reach the timeout.

Regards, Juan