Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/update Shipment in ECC when TU was created/updated in EWM

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Conventional way is to create Shipment in ECC and with IDoc interface create TU in EWM. Can we create shipment in ECC when we create TU in EWM? Also the updates made to TU?

Are there are any PPF actions/BADIs for this?

Also I would like to know if we can maintain custom statuses for TU.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

both directions possible, all described here:

Integration of ERP Shipments in Shipping and Receiving - Shipping and Receiving - SAP Library

Brgds

Juergen

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Thanks for immediate response. Could you please comment on TU statuses as well? For eg: Container is in transit/at port etc...

Regards

Sasidhar Gupta

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can define a user status profile and assign to a TU. I have never done this, but it seems to be possible, at least in customizing. Just don't think of course that there is anything going back to ECC in your case of transportation planning integration.

Brgds

Juergen

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

I did all configs needed for integrating TU with ERP shipment as said in help.sap. Also all the pre-requisites. But after I create TU or posting GI, no PPF action was generated to trigger SHPMNT IDoc.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you activated the integration for the delivery document?

Brgds

Juergen

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Yes, delivery level updates are in sync in both the systems.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Yes, delivery level updates are in sync in both the systems."

... don't really know what you mean.

"I did all configs needed for integrating TU with ERP shipment as said in help.sap. Also all the pre-requisites"

You mean you have done all described here: Integration of ERP Shipments in Shipping and Receiving - Shipping and Receiving - SAP Library?

But did you active this as well (see screenshot)? It is not written in the requirements, but you still need this...

Brgds

Juergen

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Thanks a lot, this solved the issue. However later I found that this was mentioned in the activity documentation of activity "Define Default Values for IDoc Outbound". But the node was not clear. Initially I thought this is something to be maintained in ERP. After your reply I understood that this is EWM activity.

Note:

You need to define a separate shipment type in ERP. Use this shipment type for message type SHPMNT. The IDoc is only filled with this shipment type if transportation planning type is "B - Obligatory Internal Planning in EWM". This shipment type for transportation planning type B must be different from the shipment types that you use for transportation planning type "A - Obligatory External Planning in ERP". Otherwise, ERP sends an IDoc back to EWM, which is not intended within warehouse outbound processing with transportation planning in EWM.

Still I see some errors in ECC while processing IDoc (due to internal config issues). I'll update you on this.

To note, this action was triggered only after GI is posted. Also log related to this is not visible in the log we get on TU screen but visible in system logs.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

In "Cross-Application Components --> SAP Business Partner --> Business Partner --> Basic Settings --> Status Management --> Define Status Profile for User Status", I have maintained a new status profile ZTU for my custom status. As per the activity documentation,

1. Defined new custom profile.

2. Defined custom statuses with sequence#s.

3. Selected object type "TU".

4. Did not make changes for business transactions

However after assigning this custom profile to TU (Extended Warehouse Management --> Cross-Process Settings --> Shipping and Receiving --> General Settings --> Define Control Parameters for Forming Vehicles/Transportation Units), I could see the newly defined statuses in TU object(status tab).

But the problem here is how can I run my TU through these statuses? How can I define custom business transactions? In the screen what I see are standard business transactions.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Answers (0)