cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse an User Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have created an user status and it is working absolutely fine. Now, we want to undo/reverse its effect. But system is not allowing to do so.?

Any help.?

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but I want to focus more on last point mentioned in diagnosis. In that case, you can manage to reverse/undo the user status from lowest and highest number and a combination with the authorization object.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Did you mean to say do I need to alter the highest  and lowest number to make effect on particular object type/business transaction.?

I have many business transactions on the same status profile.

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I mean to say the same thing. But as you said that there are more than one business transactions then why don't you just select that particular business transaction in OK02 and mark that as "No Influence" because in this way you need have to change other business transactions and their working will remain intact.

Else, I would suggest you to follow the saurabh's suggestion. I think, that solution will also work.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Goodness me..!! That worked for us. Actually, the business transaction was "Change WBS number". Our process was not to change the WBS Id once project has been created. Now, we wanted to undo the whole process. Anyways, I never thought that could be made so easy. Might be I don't have sufficient knowledge in user status.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Corrections in my answered post. I meant to say "you need not have to change other business transactions" instead of "you need have to change other business transactions".

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried the way: Edit->Status->User Status-> Undo.

Or

Click the " i " button aside the system status and user status info -> In the next screen you will find the user statuses at the R.H.S to set and reset.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I already mentioned that I tried the first way. Although, I am not familiar with the second method that you have suggested. I am not able to find the set the reset option at Right hand side.

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

What I meant with that is on the R.H.S of the status screen you will find the user status with radio buttons. For example: if your current user status is PLCK the you will find that status with a radio button in that screen along with another user status radio button for ULCK.

You need to select that radio button ULCK to reset the current user status.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please attach your User Status Profile screen shot to understand your case clearly.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

What error message you are getting? Please share message no.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I am trying to undo the user status through CJ20N. I clicked on WBS and went to EDIT->Status->User Status->Undo.

Message no is CJ660.

Diagnosis

You want to set or cancel a status. This could not be done due to one of the following reasons:

• You chose Cancel.
  • You have not maintained a status profile.
  • You have maintained a status profile without statuses.
  • You cannot directly reset a user status with a status number. Instead you must implicitly reset it by setting another user status with a status number.

Any suggestion.?

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Instead of Undo, try to use "Reset and Pass on " function.

Let us know if it works.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you set up status profile and assigned to project profile. If not please do that.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I tried the "Reset and Pass on" also but same message is coming again and again.

What next.?

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Status profile has already been assigned to project profile. Did you mean to say should I remove status profile from project profile.?

Regards,

Kumar Srinivasan