cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going back to the Portal logon page using historyNavigate

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

At our portal logon page we have an option to reset your password. We use Web Dynpro ABAP for this screen. When the cancel button is pressed we want to direct the user back to the portal logon page again. I'm using the following method call attached to the button:

CALL METHOD lr_port_manager->fire

EXPORTING

portal_event_namespace = 'urn:com.sapportals:navigation'

portal_event_name      = 'historyNavigate'

portal_event_parameter = '-1'.

This does not work. The event is raised but we stay on the same page. What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

That is because the event triggered is a Portal Event and it only works when your Web Dynpro ABAP application is called inside portal (as an embedded iView).

One way to redirect user to portal logon page when user clicks on Cancel button is to use Exit Plug. General steps are as below:

- Create an Exit plug in the WD Window and select it as Interface method with parameter URL of type String

- Make a Component Use of the Window Controller in the Properties tab of the View that contains the Cancel button

- On event handler of the Cancel button, fire the outbound plug.

For example: with window name W_MAIN and outbound plug OP_REDIRECT

DATA: lo_w_main     TYPE REF TO ig_w_main,

lv_portal_url TYPE string.

lv_portal_url = <<YOUR_PORTAL_URL>>.

lo_w_main =   wd_this->get_w_main_ctr( ).

lo_w_main->fire_op_redirect_plg( url = lv_portal_url ).

Hope it helps. Cheers!

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen, thank you for your reply. I'm afraid that doesn't work for some reason. My set-up is as you describe above and it does fire the plug but it doesn't move from the current page.

thanks,

Malcolm.