cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirmation category for third party scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have confirmation category ZA for in the purchase order if vendor delays the delivery of the material

If PO qty is 20  & user has confirmed below dates

Conf. Category   Delivery date         qty

AB                     05.06.2014            10

AB                     06.06.2014             10

If vendor is delaying delivery of 06.06.2014 to 08.06.2014

we put

Conf. Category   Delivery date         qty

ZA                     08.06.2014            10

In our sales scehdule line in sales order when we update ZA line in PO it removes both the  confirmation of confirmation category AB.

We want that ZA to replace on 2nd confirmation of AB.

I want to know whether it is standard scenario that it will remove all the lines of AB from sales order schedule line. Also want to know whether there is any workaround for the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The logic is that whenever the availability check is run then the latest stock position is considered and thereby the sales order schedule lines would be updated.

Please let me know for any specific queries.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do any of my friend have answer to above query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This is pretty standard.

During availability check, system proposed three three different dates.

1. One time del. on req. del. dte: If system able to delivered on the exact date, then system will propose this date in the availability screen named under this one.

2. Complete delivery: Here system gives you the date when you can make complete delivery.

3. Delivery Proposal: Here system gives you the earliest delivery date even if it is partial delivery and the remaining quantity delivery.

In your case, on 06.06.2014 you are completing your entire quantity to be delivered to your customer. So as per system assumption material will be available on or after 06.06.2014.

So after 06.06.2014, system will replace all the quantity like complete delivery quantity.

Regards,

Raja Durai