cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PACI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please explain the use of putaway control indicator in ewm.

I would need someone to explain with business scenerio. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Putaway control indicator in EWM differentiates the putaway process between different products.

It is defined at warehouse data tab in EWM  warehouse product master.

In EWM, using different putaway control indicators assigned in warehouse product masters, you can control the selection of storage type search sequence, and consequently control the storage types those can be selected for putaway process.

You can compare it with "Special Movement indicator " or "Storage Type indicator" which we define in material master WM1 view ,in case of standard ECC WM.

eg. if you want to direct all cold storage materials directly to the storage type which holds such materials, you can create a PACI, assign it to all such product masters. and in customizing you can select a "storage type search sequence" which has further been associated with  the particular "cold storage" storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful answer. Thanks Santosh.

So we need to extend the product only if we are using PACI for that product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could not understand "So we need to extend the product only if we are using PACI for that product."

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EWM system, we extend the product to EWM product master only if we are using any of the below functions.

1. Replenishment

2. PACI for that product.

3. Any internal movement

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See even though you are not using any thing of above you need to create product master in EWM via /scwm/mat1.

If you have blank PACI then it will take search sequence in same way at same sequence cofiq table.

and if u dont have PACI >> Blank + config then system will ask storage bin while creating WT.

System will not find any bin for sequence and wt will not able to create.

Replenishment is completely different scenario which is use to refile  to primary bin  from bulk bin.

can be used in case or fixed bins.

You can read complete flow in SAP Help for replenishment.

Ex you have two st >> A and B

A for small qty product and

B for Big / bulk qty product.

So Replenishment function will be use in this case.

Internal movement like slotting and rearrangement are different business scenario, so here PACI will be helpfull for finding actual bin for situation base.

Regards

Suraj

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"See even though you are not using any thing of above you need to create product master in EWM via /scwm/mat1"

No, this is not true. Why are people always saying that?

"If you have blank PACI then it will take search sequence in same way at same sequence cofiq table.

and if u dont have PACI >> Blank + config then system will ask storage bin while creating WT. "

Well, if you set up your system like that, you shouldn't earn money doing that...

Brgds

Juergen

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read in EWM 100 Book in Warehouse Product Master Topic below. I need to execute a scenario and confirm the same.

Regards,

Sathish

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

believe me, old book (I wrote the update...). And I know it even still today in the documentation says "you need the warehouse product..."

And if you come to one of my classes I can show you that it works without warehouse product.

Brgds

Juergen

P.S. never trust something written, always try . somethings things are also only correct in a certain context with other settings and it is very, very hard to describe all combinations...

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry All,

due to books mis guiding, I never tried creating delivery and WT without /scwm/mat1.

As   Juergen STATED above its absolutely possible to create and do all process with out /n/scwm/mat1.

@ Juergen I truly remember when I did same thing in EWM 7.0 and 7.02 it was quite not possible.

Process was first create product mat in /scwm/mat1 and then flow complete process if not  product field in Del will not appear with product no.

I dont have server can you please check once if u have.

Regards

Suraj

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

nothing to be sorry about, I think. Because it works this way in WM (you need the WM views), a lot of people simply assume it is the same. And the documentation is misleading, in my opinion.

I don't know if it ever really was a requirement to have the warehouse product - but definetely in 7.0 it was not anymore.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I tested this today. And, It is absolutely working fine. Warehouse product extension is not at all required to putaway product in EWM. 

Regards,

Sathish