cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download results from BG Job in GRC 10?

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have schedule Access Rules Details Report in GRC 10 Front end as the data is too huge that it is coming in 17 different results sects.

Is their any way or tcode in background by which we can extract the data.

As we have the Tcode   "grac_export_ra"  but this is only for the risk analysis report!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor

Dear Pranjal,

you can use the program GRAC_EXPORT_REPORT_SPOOL to export huge result sets.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks But  i haven't access for this tcode.! 

Having only access of "grac_export_ra" tcode..!!

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's not a tcode, it's a program. start via SA38 or SE38.

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

This is same buddy this program will take you to the same tcode screen which i mentioned "GRAC_EXPORT_RA" and in this we can only download the Risk Analysis report(User Level,Role Level or Profile Level.)

But my question is that i want to download the result set for the "Access Rule Details" Report.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, my mistake.

Please help me with Access Rule Detail report. Which report is that and how do you run it? Maybe I can help you if I know exactly what you mean..

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

This is Access Rule Detail Report under Report and Analytic Tab.

And I run this report in Background so after finishing the report we are getting 17 result sets as i want data for all the rules.

Below is the screen shot of the report which i choose.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see.. somebody correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, it is not possibel to download results of a background job to a file on your computer. That is because the background job runs only on your application server without an active connection to your computer, hence no way to download.

Alternatively you can create a Z-table of the same format and let the background job copy the results into this table. Then you can download to Excel using SE16. But this means some development must be done from your side as the functionality is not given yet.

But I am asking you why you want to have this list. Schedule the risk analysis and download the detail report and you will have mostly the same information. Or what exactly are you missing in the risk analysis detail report? This you can download easily with the program to Excel.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

The report download to excel is possible from GRC to local server, I have given the steps in my last reply for this post.

BR,

Mangesh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

yes - it is possible to download from the NWBC, but I assume that it will end in a timeout if you download all result sets. My post is more related to download in the backend, not in NWBC.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Agreed

BR,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

GRAC_EXPORT_RA is a workaround, but as a part of functionality it should work with with NWBC too without time out error?

Do you know if there is any parameter which we should maintain to extend the time for RA reports? or otherwise I will raise it to SAP.

BR,

Mangesh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

timeout is only in NWBC. The program should not run into a timeout.

I use the program to download huge reports where I have more than one result sets to Excel. In NWBC I run into timeout.

See also the following note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1792254

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

I already gone through it. I know the timeout is through NWBC, but as they have given it through NWBC it should ideally work through NWBC no matter if the data is big. And as a matter of fact I think it is quite understood by SAP when they give functionality of Result sets to display, SAP should have taken data load into calculation too, while downloading the result.

As per me it should work for large data if it is working for less data, if SAP provided it as a part of standard functionality.

BR,

Mangesh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I fully agree! Seems to be a lack of programming as it runs into a timeout.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried many ways..SAP doesn't provide backend download programs except Risk Analysis for Permission and Critical Permission. as per my understand.

thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro, I tried Downloading the report from SAP end and I was able to download the same.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Background jobs>>select the job>>View result>>export result set>>select all>export.

It will allow you to save it to excel files.

If it gives time out error try to do it in sets like Result set1 to 4 and then 4 to 8 and so on.

Time out is depend on your system settings.

BR,

Mangesh