cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating relational connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I used the Information Design Tool to create a relational conncetion to a SAP BW cube. Above this I created the data foundation and then the business layer (universe).

Creation of connection and universe works, but in the IDT when I click on "Test Connection" or in WebI when i want to create a report a get the following error:

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'testSourceConnection1400732899381'] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.HashSet.contains(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from field com.businessobjects.datafederator.wrappers.SapNWBI.JCOServer.JCOCallbackServer.registeredWrappers of an object loaded from local variable '<0>'.

Regards,

PRK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Issue resolved. Adaptive processing server is not in active in CMC. Restarting server has resolved my issue.

Regards,

PRK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Try to check connection from CMC > OLAP Connection or if possible create connection from CMC.

Let me know if you are getting same error again.

Regards,

Priyank Bhayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Priyank,

Unable to find any create connection option under connections tab in CMC. Please let me know where i'll find and how to create.

Regards,

PRK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Praveen,

I misunderstood the question i thought you are creating OLAP connection.

which is not the case and for relational connection you have to use IDT only.

with respect to your issue, error says issues is with connectivity.

Can you try to check that BW system is accessible from your local machine or your BO server.

Regards,

Priyank Bhayani