Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict 'Save view' access in Bex Analyser

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please could I request some pointers on the below issue.

Users are able to save view in Bex Analyser even though the S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 auths only allow access to REP (Report) as shown below. I thought QVW is the one that controls this access.

I checked the ST01 trace and it does not appear to be checking these two authorisation objects at the time of the “save view” action.

It checks S_USER_AGR  (ACTVT 01,02,06) and is successful and understandably because the “save view” opens another box allowing one to save the view in a role in Bex.

Test steps

Open Bex Analyser > Go to Add-ins tab > Open query > login>

Open ICMS Analysis

Choose below selections

and this is where the “Save view” is shown….

Thanks

Ran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

To activate the authority check for views, see note 1727956.  Depending on your System version, the code may already be in place, but there is a manual step to add a parameter (OSD_CHECK_VIEW_AUTHORIZATION) which you must carry out in order for the checks to work.

As for the transport prompt, this can be turned off in RSA1.  Go to the Transport Connection Edit -> Transport -> Switch-On Standard/Switch-Off standard.  This will remove the prompt when the user is saving a query or workbook.

Hope that helps.

Angela

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ran,

Save view for roles is controlled by S_USER_AGR as you are saving it to role it checks respective role with ACTVT 02.

So if you want to restrict it to specific role user S_USER_AGR for the same.

Try this:

Save allowed for Role X* put S_USER_AGR with ACTVT 02 and role as X*

And to restricted role give S_USER_AGR with 03 and role name.

BR,

Mangesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh

I tried your suggestion but the user is still able to see and access the "Save view" option in Bex Analyser. Could there be another authorisation object that controls this which should be activated?

Thanks

Ranjit

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit

By restricting the S_RS_COMP* and the S_USER_AGR* authorisations to exclude create/change access users will not be able to create new queries or publish to role menus

I think the Save button is still accessible so users can save to their favourites for re-use. This would only be available to the user and possibly similar to bookmarks (not 100% sure as it's been a few years since I've been on a BW system)

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

The user only has display/execute access in S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 and S_USER_AGR but still can access the "Save view" menu option.

The business does not want users to be able to "save view" as it brings up the below screen and allows users to save as a local object. I cant see an authorisation in trace that can limit this.

Business ok with users saving it as their favourites though.

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit

Does the user have S_DEVELOP access or is it possible system client settings on workbench settings for the query forces a transport request on save?

Regards

Colleen

Ps - possibly this community may be able to assist:

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - Added SAP Business Explorer Community as a reference

0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen, user only has display access to S_DEVELOP to objtyp SUSO.

I'm also checking with the functional consultant about the query setting forcing a transport request.

Thanks

Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

To activate the authority check for views, see note 1727956.  Depending on your System version, the code may already be in place, but there is a manual step to add a parameter (OSD_CHECK_VIEW_AUTHORIZATION) which you must carry out in order for the checks to work.

As for the transport prompt, this can be turned off in RSA1.  Go to the Transport Connection Edit -> Transport -> Switch-On Standard/Switch-Off standard.  This will remove the prompt when the user is saving a query or workbook.

Hope that helps.

Angela

0 Kudos

Thanks Angela... I'll try this.