cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Side Pagination ($SKIPTOKEN)

0 Kudos

For performance reasons, I am using server side pagination ($SKIPTOKEN) in odata.

To use server side pagination, Is there any limit on data that application server can send via Odata? If yes, where do we configure that option.

Another question is related Logging: I am logging application errors using API provided. Method log_bapi_return has IV_AGENT as importing variable. What should be the value of this variable? Do we need to maintain of such vaiable or component in any table?If yes, that means we also need to ship that entry to the customer. Or if we specify the class name  or backend system, will that be sufficient?

Best Regards, Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Atanu said, there is no limit on amount of data. But there might be other non-Gateway specific profile parameter settings like timeout/amount of data in MB, which I do not think you should be worried about.

On Agent,

I see that agent is just an identifier for a long text, indicating part of message context. This long text is maintained in table /IWBEP/C_CCMST. The long text from this table will be stored into message context of the logged message.

See example in /IWBEP/CL_OCI_DP->/IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_ENTITY() line 58 and drill down.

It would make sense to ship that entry to the customer, so that logged messages are more informative. If there is not entry found from table  /IWBEP/C_CCMST, then the agent name itself will be used as the long text. So it would not give any error even if you do not ship the entry.

regards

Krishna

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wanted to add the SPRO Node for /IWBEP/C_CCMST.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->SAP Netweaver->Gateway Service Enablement->Backend oData Channel->Logging Settings->Customizing of the SAP Netweaver Gateway CCMS Context.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there is no limit as such, and there is no configuration option as well... it all needs to be coded in the DPC, once you decide to change the limit you need to again change the code.

For the other question, I did something but I do not remember now .. lets wait for other comments