cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing External Web Service Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting an error when I try to test an external webservice from Studio. After performing the steps to create an external webservice integration with SOAP, When I right-click on the .wsid file and choose "Test Service Operations" and chose the communication scenario and submit request, I get an error "A technical error error occured AP-RC-BDS-WS".

I'm not able to call the service visa the ABSL script as well. When I debug, I get an error in the response CommFault as,

"SoapfaultCode: 5 Server Error."

I'm able to successfully test the web service from SOAPUI.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the wsdl file is based on the standard webservice in the same system, then, make sure communication arrangement is also maintained for the standard webservice, and make sure
same credentials is used (as mentioned by @Anant) for the .wsid also.

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Even I'm facing similar problem during an attempt to call PI custom Service as external Service and there is no standard service involved.

In our case, only outbound communication is exist.

1. Created an external service referencing PI custom service URL.

2. Create a custom communication scenario and added above service in custom outbound Services

3. created a new communication scenario in Silverlight and provided PI user credentials which is not exit in C4C.

4. Check Connection and Check Service both are successful. In SOAP UI also this runs correctly and provide response.

5. In our case PI user id is system generated user id not exit in C4C. So how required authorization can be give ? Please respond as soon as possible.

Getting following error message : SoapFaultCode:5  Server Error

<GetPricePIServiceMT_SOPricingResponse xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:L3Y:/1SAI/TAS995BE70EF85C120797CA:804">

<MT_SOPricingResponse/>

<CommunicationFault>

<MaximumLogItemSeverityCode>3</MaximumLogItemSeverityCode>

<Item>

<SeverityCode>3</SeverityCode>

<Note>SoapFaultCode:5  Server Error</Note>

</Item>

</CommunicationFault>

</GetPricePIServiceMT_SOPricingResponse>

Thanks

Shridhar

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Enter the PI generated user id and password in the C4C Communication arrangement and test.

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check connection and Check Service both are successful.

Thanks

Shridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user id which calls the service should be added as C4C user/business partner/service agent?

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't create, just enter the user and password in communication arrangement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Did the same. But still I'm not sure why we are getting SoapFaultCode:5  Server Error.

Thanks

Shridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikantha,

I am also facing the same issue. If you got solution for the same issue, please share .

I have created a WSID file to manage the remittance advice, created the communication scenario, system and arrangement.

Service & Connection is success(Path is also assigned) for the communication arrangement.

Work centre is assigned for the user.

But when i test the service operation using WSID in the studio, I am receiving the below error. 

1).A technical error occurred AP-RC-BDS-WS.

In debug Mode, I got the below error when triggering the web service in studio(Code-Request & Response way).

2).Note "SoapFaultCode:5  Authorization role missing for service "ServiceInterface http://sap.com/xi/A1S/Global ManageRemittanceAdviceIn <default> <default>", operation "Operation http://sap.com/xi/A1S/Global MaintainBundle" (UTC timestamp 20160321061122; Transaction ID 00163E0E46461EE5BBE55B84DEBDEEF9)" AP.Common.GDT:LogItemNote (String(200))

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

Sabari Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabari,

Authorization error comes when the User does not have authorizations to call the service. Please assign the needed authorization.

Please check the below things and hope it helps:

1. If the Application Webservice is working with Business User you should enter the same credentials in the Outgoing Communication Arrangnment for the Webservice to work.

2. If you have created an Incoming Communication Arrangment for the application Webservice and created a technical User for Access of the application webservice, then the same credentials has to be entered in the outgoing Communication Arrangment ( Which is built on the WSID out of PDI) for access of the application Webservice.

Regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Thanks for the Suggestion.I tried with the PDI-Techical User ID & Business User ID also. But still I am facing the same issue.

When I test the service operation in the studio on the WSID, I am receiving error like "A technical error occurred AP-RC-BDS-WS"

Thanks,

Sabari Nathan

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sabari,

Same for me with the ExchangeRate scenario.

I tried to duplicate the SOAP ManageExchangeRateIn as an external web service integration in order to consume it from the SDK but I am not successful in setting everything up.

I get the same error AP-RC-BDS-WS when I try to Test operations in the SDK.

Ping successful, Check service succesful, SOAP UI tests succesful, no rejected we service call in ByD.

If anyone has the solution I would be very happy.

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

Former Member

Dear Jacques,

I got the solution for you .

Please follow the below procedure.

1). Create the WSID file for the ManageExchangeRateIn in PDI.

2). Create the communication scenario for the same in PDI.

->In the CSD, Go the service tab and select the standard ManageExchangeRateIn service                     under the SAP Inbound Services section.

->Then select the Custom Outbound Service which you have created.

3). Create the communication arrangement for the scenario.

Give the inbound ID & Password and save it. For Outbound service also give the same id and      password.

4). Check the connection. It should work.

Please let me know if this works for you or not

Regards,

Sabari Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Even I'm facing similar problem during an attempt to call PI custom Service as external Service.

In our case, only outbound communication is exist.

1. Created an external service referencing PI custom service URL.

2. Create a custom communication scenario and added above service in custom outbound Services

3. created a new communication scenario in Silverlight and provided PI user credentials which is not exit in C4C.

4. Check Connection and Check Service both are successful. In SOAP UI also this runs correctly and provide response.

5. In our case PI user id is system generated user id not exit in C4C. So how required authorization can be give ? Please respond as soon as possible.

Getting following error message : SoapFaultCode:5  Server Error

<GetPricePIServiceMT_SOPricingResponse xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:L3Y:/1SAI/TAS995BE70EF85C120797CA:804">

<MT_SOPricingResponse/>

<CommunicationFault>

<MaximumLogItemSeverityCode>3</MaximumLogItemSeverityCode>

<Item>

<SeverityCode>3</SeverityCode>

<Note>SoapFaultCode:5  Server Error</Note>

</Item>

</CommunicationFault>

</GetPricePIServiceMT_SOPricingResponse>

Thanks

Shridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the WSDL correct? Try with SOAPUI and let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I already tested WSDL with SOAPUI and it works fine. I get the error immediately. Is there some authorization required in the Cloud to test External Webservices ? Also, I do not see any failed messages in the Web Service Message Monitoring under Administrator Workcenter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the calling user the authorizations to call the ws?

Did you configure the communication scenario and arrangement accordingly?

It's very strange that you can test with SOAPUI but not via absl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Is there specific authorization required to call via ABSL or test in studio ?. I have tried with both "certifcate authorization" and by providing PI credentials as well.

The communicatoin scenario and arrangement are setup properly as other activities like BP replication is going through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using an https connection? Try to allow http (unsecure) connections for the ws

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked the checkbox for allowing HTTP connections. The communication type is A2X. I'm able to ping the connection from my communication arrangement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try both the buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both operations are positive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post your absl

Former Member
0 Kudos

import ABSL;

var Request: Library::AccProfExWebServInt.ZSI_Acc_Prof_Req_Obj.Request;

var Response: Library::AccProfExWebServInt.ZSI_Acc_Prof_Req_Obj.Response;

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.BUSINESS_GROUP = this.BusinessGroup;

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.ZONE = this.Zone;

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.REPRESENTATIVE = this.Representative;

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.FROM_DATE = this.DateRange.StartDate.ToString();

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.TO_DATE = this.DateRange.EndDate.ToString();

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.REPORT_TYPE = this.ReportType;

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.PROJS = this.Projects.ToString();

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.SPECS = this.Specs.ToString();

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.SALES_CALL = this.SalesCalls.ToString();

Request.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Req_obj.TRAINING_ACTS = this.Training.ToString();

//var Response = Library::AccProfExWebServInt.ZSI_Acc_Prof_Req_Obj(Request, " ", "AccountProfileScenario");

Response = Library::AccProfExWebServInt.ZSI_Acc_Prof_Req_Obj(Request, "", "AccountProfileScenario");

var CommFault = Response.CommunicationFault;

var CommFaultItem = CommFault.Item;

//Display Errors if any and return

foreach (var item in CommFaultItem){

raise MsgCommunicationFault.Create("E");

return;

}

//Display success message

var ResponseUUID = Response.ZMT_Acc_Prof_Res_obj.EV_RESULT;

raise MsgExternalResponse.Create("S");

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try avoinding all the parameters, just for testing purpose

0 Kudos

I encountering the same issue and it is working fine in SOAPUI. Please suggest.

Regards,

Sookriti Mishra