cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific customer with access to Safety Stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

I was looking for this topic in forum, but I didn't get results for my specific doubt.

Is possible to select some customers to be able to get from safety stock? I mean i.e. I have 15 customers requesting the same material and the stock of this material is falling down below of safety level, from this point I need to give priority and access for this safety only for some customers, my premium customers to this safety, the rest of them could be supplied with the next replenishment process.

Is there any setting possible to get this? in customer master, customer group, etc?

Please advice for this relevant need in my current job.

I will appreciate your help.

Atte.

OP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

The closest standard option available for your scenario is to use backorder processing. This can also be made possible only after the sales order is booked in your system.

Please let me know for any clarifications in this regard.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check against product allocation will help you. Please explore on that.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

Such a scenario carries some baggage you need to first consider.

Any time you use two different ATP checks, which are determined by some type of customer criteria, you inherently raise the risk that your non-premier customers will at some time lose some of their existing confirmations.  In particular, running V_V2 will almost inevitably cause your non-premier customers to lose their 'place in line' (eg, their orders may be unconfirmed; or their dates may be pushed out).  I hope this is OK with your company.

I am not aware of any standard SAP functionality that will automatically support this business requirement.  Obviously, you can execute this scenario manually, or you can create an enhancement to support.  I personally would not recommend going down this path.

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I need to give priority and access for this safety only for some customers

May be you can differentiate the Delivery Priority from customer master and do availability check so that system will allocate stocks based on this.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just an idea.

may be the stock with subcontractor can do the trick?

say, you have a customer which has a vendor record as well... 

MBLB shows such stocks