cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWBC and Load Runner Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts.

I would like to know if SAP NWBC (HTML or Desktop Client) navigation could be recorded and simulated with LoadRunner ?

In addition, I would like to run a script which is able to simulate 50 people in SAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP note 2114256 addresses this issue. In short, load testing NWBC makes little sense since it is a client application and you should be load testing the server application directly, be it Dynpro, ITS, BSP, Web Dynpro, SAPUI5, etc. which are all supported by HP LoadRunner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Samuli,

Thank very much for you reply.

It's very useful. 

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, Samuli, but your this is not correct.

SAP NW BC is client (protocol, if you like) operating HTML/XML/JavaScript through a browser, IE, Chrome, FireFox, or SAP proprietary NetWeaver Business Client (5.0).

It is no more or less that the message/data package protocol the NetWeaver uses to interact with a browser, using standard web protocols.

However, the content within the browser / NW web server request/responses is very proprietary and difficult to work with.  You must work purely at this message content level with correlating and parameterizing your scripts.

I struggle with it each day and I've been using LoadRunner for SAP since the day it came out, 1994?

Peter B. Schumacher

SAP Performance Analysis and Test Expert

SAP Miami

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a hard time understanding your response. Can you clarify what part of my response you consider to be incorrect? The information provided in the SAP notes? I didn't write the SAP notes. I will be more than happy to correct my mistakes if there are any.

If your argument is that it isn't pointless to load test the overhead caused by NWBC, you are of course right but that isn't the point here unless that is exactly what you want to load test, e.g. compare the performance of accessing SAP with say SAP GUI vs. integrated SAP GUI in NWBC for Desktop or Internet Explorer vs. the embedded IE control in NWBC for Desktop.

At no point did I write that load testing SAP was easy. Even if one was to test a standalone Web Dynpro application with LoadRunner, creating the scripts is challenging, even without the NWBC aspect.

0 Kudos

Hi,
LR doesn’t support NWBC as of 11.53 version, I saw that you created a ticket, let's see the result there.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Adrian.

But, for v12.0 is able to?

What ticket are you meaning?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Does  Loadrunner can test sap business  suite ?    Do you have any material about it ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, SAP note 1896062 says:

• SAP Application Testing by HP, HANA Edition; LR 11.5 and QC 11.0 (integrates with SAP HANA; but runs on own DB)