cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI 7.0 - 7.0 track giving Unsupported major.minor version 49.0 in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have NWDI 7.0 with multiple JDKs supporting 7.3 and 7.0 tracks.

In CBS Visual Admin, we have default path set for JDK 1.4

But when we Create Project in NWDS for 7.0 track, we are getting Unsupported major.minor version 49.0 error.

Please help me how we can resolve this issue.

I am attaching the CBS Visual admin settings here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

I am able to resolve this issue.

I have deleted the track accidently.. and I was forced to create a new Track and added the SCs that were originally there for the track and imported all dependencies in the Transport Studio from Checkin , development , consolidation tabs and the Broken DCs issue is resolved.

And in NWDS 7.0, I am no more getting the Unsupported Major.minor version 49.0 issue..

I have not added any Build Variant. but still it is working fine.

Thanks for your inputs..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your CBS settings (BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME and JDK_HOME_PATHS) seems to be fine to me.

J2SE 8 = 52,
J2SE
7 = 51,
J2SE
6.0 = 50,
J2SE
5.0 = 49,
JDK
1.4 = 48,
JDK
1.3 = 47,
JDK
1.2 = 46,
JDK
1.1 = 45

major.minor 49.0 is J2SE5.

Please double check the Build Variants tab of the Track.

Go to CMS -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data -- select the track in question, click on tab Build Variants and check whether the "com.sap.jdk.home_path_key" available there points to JDK1.4.2_HOME

Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have added the Build Variant pointing to JDK1.4.2_HOME , but still in my NWDS , I am getting unsupported error.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the version of the NWDS  you are using?

Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

My NWDS is 7.01.08

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please also tell me the JDK you are using for NWDS? What I am wondering about is where JDK1.5 (minor.major 49.0) comes from . Afaik 1.5 is only used for 71X.

Could you please also copy here the complete error message (without truncation and modification)?

Thanks and Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using J2SDK 1.4.2

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)

The NWDS error:

com.sap.tc.devconf.BuildException: com/sap/tc/buildplugin/DefaultPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1911)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:6004)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.buildDCs(DcCreateProjectAction.java:1027)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction$1.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:299)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:71)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:85)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sap/tc/buildplugin/DefaultPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:448)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.access$101(PluginClassLoader.java:28)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader$1.run(PluginClassLoader.java:593)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:582)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:293)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.JarHandler.loadClass(JarHandler.java:163)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.getBuildPluginInstance(PluginHandler2.java:284)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.loadAndInitBuildPlugin(PluginHandler2.java:153)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.init(PluginHandler2.java:148)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:50)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1750)

... 7 more

Caused by:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sap/tc/buildplugin/DefaultPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:448)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.access$101(PluginClassLoader.java:28)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader$1.run(PluginClassLoader.java:593)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:582)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:293)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.JarHandler.loadClass(JarHandler.java:163)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.getBuildPluginInstance(PluginHandler2.java:284)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.loadAndInitBuildPlugin(PluginHandler2.java:153)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.init(PluginHandler2.java:148)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:50)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1750)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:6004)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.buildDCs(DcCreateProjectAction.java:1027)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction$1.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:299)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:71)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:85)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though I have set the Build Variant to JDK1.4.2_HOME, the CBS build log says the activity is when build  using JDK1.6

CBS Build Error:

Build Plugin 'WebdynproPlugin', Version 7.30 SP 1 (NW731CORE_01_REL, built on 2011-09-17 17:11:55 +0200, CL155733)

development component: dc/xxx (xxx.com)

software component: SC-xx-xx(xxx.com)

type: Web Dynpro

build variant: default

source location: http://xxxx:58600/dtr/ws/xx/xx.com_SC-xx-xx/dev/active/

output location: /usr/sap/DD6/JC86/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/eb/.B/95869/DCs/xx.com/dc/xx/_comp/gen/default

generation folder: /usr/sap/DD6/JC86/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/eb/.B/95869/x/xx

plugin start time: 2014-05-27 14:11:44 GMT

Java VM: IBM J9 VM, 2.4 (1.6, IBM Corporation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a  misleading error. This error is related to used DCs on NWDI track. You need to sync the used DCs(click on select all button after you choose the sync used DCs) and then repair, reload and rebuild the DC project. After this, deploy the DC then you'll not get this error.