cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide link to a remote folder (shared) in a webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to provide a link to a remote shared folder in a webdynpro application? I tried using the LinkToURL control and providing the reference as
server\sharedFolder but it throws an error: Invalid URL.

Thanks,

Shibendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibendra,

Write in following way file://server IP/SharedFolder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monalisa,

I am sorry, but the method does not work ... the system still throws an invalid url error. Any other suggestions that might work?

Thanks,

Shibendra

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibendra,

Why do you want a <b><u>link</u></b>, in specific to connect to some local directory. I cold not think of any use case for that.

Do you want to browse some specific file in that remote directory? If that is the case then you can user the <b>File Upload</b> and <b>File download</b> UI elements provided by WD.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful or solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

In my application I need to provide a link to a remote shared folder which stores daily production volume reports that are not published online. So I do not need to link a particular file but the folder itself.

Thanks

Shibendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monalisa,

Thanks for your help. I could solve the problem. The reason why the links were not working initially using the file: protocol was because of the presence of spaces in the paths. After replacing them by %20 they are working fine. Thanks again for the help.

Shibendra

PS: Points awarded

Answers (0)