cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run OS command

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I need to run unix script before file comming into PI .Script will do some convertion and place file in respective dir .Later Sender channel will convert that file(non xml format to XML) and post file into target.

we need to select run os command for this ,however  my question was  where to write unix script and what to mention at  runoscommand under sender file channel. Please suggest.

Regards,

aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

You can execute scripts in PI both before and after message processing.

Please read below links -

SAP XI File Adapter OS Command Line Feature - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

OS command works differently on both SFTP and File adapter.

Regards

Somil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gone through the link which you are provided,however we need write the script and input values under same commandline. Please confirm.

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

You need to create a script and place it anywhere on your SAP  PI server.

In the channel you can write the command to execute the script and threre only you can pass the values to the script.

For ex: sh /<your script path>/<script name> <value1> <value2>

The above command you can give in the operating command tab.

Somil

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks somil , however my script need to replace values and give it to PI then PI will do FCC and process, so as my case just write the command to execute the script .correct no need of parameters passing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI will pick files from AL11 and my question was where to write unix script for my change. please nyone suggest as its bit urgent. I'll write command to execute that script under runoscommand, however where i need to write script as PI is not connecting to source system. some other tool is placing files under AL11 and its nfs. so where i need to write my script. any one please suggest

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

You can write the script in any file and place it in any folder on your SAP PI server and you can call it via the OS command box from the sender channel.

Thanks

Somil

Former Member
0 Kudos

so we can write unix script in PI server . PI is running on unix server. do i need to write code under NWA or unix server and call from os command. can u give me unix code for  how to call and execute
( need to place under os command) thanks.