Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing sap running domain

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I posted here days ago regarding my preoccupation on changing domains of my sap system. What is going to happen is that the client is going to change the domain where all the SAP system were installed to a new one but they told me that they are going to kill the old one and build a new one with a blank AD. It means all the users automatically created by sap during the installation are going to be deleted from the AD and created manually.

My question is my sap system are going to work?

I installed all the 4 box using a domain admin user that is going to be deleted an recreated manually on the new domain.

I have build 4 boxs, Solman, PRD, SDV and QAS.

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read,

1233320 - Domain migration for SAP systems

1619720 - System Rename for SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver

They couldn't just kill the old domain (that would be a bit extreme)... you should do a domain migration while both domains are available.

Regards, Juan

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the feedback. This is what I was expecting but the head of department just informed me that they are going to format all the servers and built a new one that´s why I get scared.

all the users that sap creates automatically on the domain and their permission will deleted and created automatically, this will not be a problem?

How the system will run without them?

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

1. In this case ask your AD team to create the new domain, create the all SAP Service user id manually and follow the same SAP Note given my Juan.

2. You can switch the Service user ids from Domain to local for temporary. and then switch back to new Domain as mention the same SAP Note

BR

SS

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Yes they can do that but what about the permission of these sap users? They should also be created/added on the new users right?

Regards,

Nelson Chamba

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nelson,

Permissions are set at host level not at domain level... As far as I remember there is detail instructions in the installation guide on manual creation of the users and permissions. In the worst case scenario you simply recreate the users in the local host.

Now, If the domain is changing (not just been rebuild) then you need to follow the notes above and migrate the domain for all your systems.

Regards, Juan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

In SWPM you can follow the steps in System rename options, before that you can perform this on Sandbox system

Kindly refer the SCN link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32851

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40132eff-1d21-3110-39a1-b4803f65d...

Regards

Sriram

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

The domain is going to change. The systems must run on the new domain so I can´t set the permission on the host level. I must want to make sure that after recreating the users manually with the same permission on the new domain and the implementation of the sap note are enough to make the system run again.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Those new domain share permission( share name -SAPMNT & SAPLOC) are taken care during the time of SWPM.

You can try an one of the test SAP system either from old Domain to Local (Till the time you are migrating the new domain)& then local to your new domain or Old to new domain.

Regards

Sriram

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The system rename referenced on the first link it´s not talking about domain migration, the system rename is the same as domain migration? My system names will remain the same the only thing that will change will be the domain.

Regards,

nelson chamba

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Your SID same but the Domain name are different. In SWPM during the time of SAP system rename options it will ask old and new name of SID you can provide the same SID, but the Domain name you can provide new one.

Regards

Sriram

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The systems must run on the new domain so I can´t set the permission on the host level

You always set the permission at host level, the only thing that changes is that if the user is local or a domain user.

Regards, JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

The below things which should be taken care of as the FQDN of your hosts will change.:-

• SM59, all the destinations that are being called with the FQDN and not only the hostname (which later on the DNS appends the FQDN automatically)
  • - Profiles: parameters such as icm/host_name_full, SAPLOCALHOSTFULL, SAPDBHOST and other parameters that might have a direct relation with the FQDN.
  • - RZ21 -> All GRMG scenarions, CCMSPING destinations, CCMS agents and this sort of stuff.
  • External programs that register themselves on the gateway of this system as they could still be calling the old hostname.

Regards,

Himanshu