cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filesystem in DB host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In the distributed system where as SAP running on one host and DB on another host (here sql database is used ).

How to check the Filesystem status of the DB host.Is there any t code to check this File system without login to the OS level of DB.

In st06 I can check only the filsystem of the host where the SAP system is running.

And also in sm51 I can see only the host of the sap system. and I think we cannot see the DB host in sm51 tcode.

Regards

Shathishkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shathishkumar,

Please have a look atin note and online dokumnetation:

#1068204 -  New monitor template for database monitoring

-Monitoring Standalone DB Server using CCMS Agents

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2013/12/18/monitoring-standalone-db-server...

Please be aware that even when you have the SAPHOSTAGENT installed on the database server, you cannot use the integrated SAPCCMSR functionality for the transaction OS07 and you have to disable the SAPCCMSR functionality, as described in note 1491115.

If a database is installed on a remote server than the SAPLOCALHOST parameter should be maintained correctly in the agent profile, the value for this parameter should be exactly the same as the SAPDBHOST parameter value in the instance profile. If this is correctly done than in the

transaction AL15 automatically the flag "DB server" will be selected for the related SAPCCMSR agent RFC destination (note 444947).

BR
T

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Shathishkumar,

you should install SAPHOSTAGENT on the DB host, deactivate integrated sapccmsr agent in sapstartsrv of the SAPHOSTAGENT, install classical sapccmsr agent on the DB host and register it at the system. Then you will see OS data of the DB host in ST06. Please check the note:

1491115 - OS monitors ST06n, OS07n do not display data in CEN system

regards,
Alwina