cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD to LMDB synchronization error- cim model mismatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In system preparation, we have configured the SLD and in the setup LMDB step we have added this SLD for synchronization to LMDB. Once we activate the synchronization (full sync) we first get a message "LMDB is on cim model 1.6.31 and SLD is on 1.6.37.Please confirm if you want to update LMDB to cim model 1.6.37." I clicked YES for this. Then it starts a job SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 in the ABAP stack. However this job is getting cancelled with below message:

An exception of class CX_LMDB_CIM_ERR occurred

Classes for sync do not match: source model version 1.6.37, target 1.6.31

Can anyone advice what can be done to resolve this situation? Just FYI, This is not a new implementation there was another SLD that was connected to the LMDB earlier, however that stopped working due to a version mismatch. So now I am trying to sync the LMDB to a new SLD.

Thanks,

Anilraj Menon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

I was able to update the cim model on the LMDB using the program given in note 1677210.

The CR content in the LMDB can be updated using the program in note 1891566.

Regards,

Anil

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anilraj,

Check of the below SAP Note helps -

2002652 - The SAP_LMDB_LDB_<Instance number> job is cancelled or hanging

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link have additional information:

My best guess is to remove all content from the LMDB side and start over again.

Otherwise report the situation to SAP by creating an incident.

Regards,

MM

kurt_bjarnvig3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anilraj,

When switching Your CRsource for the SLD/LMDB sync on Solution Manager, SOLMAN_SETUP You have to be very carefully as this is not a standard operation as such. You need to make sure that You don't have pending changes in the LMDB sync from the old SLD.

Furthermore, You should use the template in Solman_Setup, system preparation, step 5.2 --> click on "Advanced", and in actions, You should set the CRsource to the new SLD.

But please remark, this could lead to some inconsistence in Your LMDB thus the need to have no pending changes in the LMDB sync (You can see if there are any in the very same GUI where You set the CRsource - look in the "Status Details" pane: "Number of Source Changes Pending". This figure should be "0".

Also have a look on the blog from Wolf Hengevoss. I guess this adress Your exact problem:

Regards,

Kurt

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I expect that for synchronization to work, both need to be on the same version. Updating 1.6.31 to 1.6.37 should fix it.

The latest version however is 1.6.38 - I would suggest going to this for both systems.

SAP recommends you always have the latest version.

See SAP Note 669669 - Update of SAP System Component Repository in SLD.

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for responding.

The note 669669 provides information how to update the cim model in SLD. I am not aware of any method to directly update the LMDB cim model other than synchronizing from the SLD. In this case the LMDB cim model is not getting updated from SLD.

Please let me know if there is any way of directly updating cim model in the LMDB.

Thanks ,

Anil

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Perhaps I misunderstood - I assumed SLD was a different server.

I've never heard of LMDB having a specific CIM version.

In Step 6.2 "Set up LMDB" there is a check box labeled "Is CR source" - maybe this is missing?

I would try to import the latest CIM and CR Content - it might automatically correct LMDB as well . . .

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

In step 6.2, the "Is CR source" is already checked.

The program which runs in the background (AI_LMDB_R_SYNC_RUNNER) does a check between cim models - and when they are different it gives an output INCOMPATIBLE and then errors out.

"Starting model compatibility check...

Model compatibility check finished after 4 seconds: INCOMPATIBLE (SAP_ManagedType)

Model incompatibility resolved = false after 229 seconds

An exception of class CX_LMDB_CIM_ERR occurred

Classes for sync do not match: source model version 1.6.37, target 1.6.31"

So I dont think an update of the cim model/cr content on SLD will work.

Thanks

Anil

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to be an interesting problem.

In Note 1701770 - LMDB CIM Model and CR Content prerequisite - in the last paragraph it says that "content updates are forwarded to LMDB"

The information is not helpful but at least confirms that the update should come from SLD.

Possibly by switching SLDs you have accidetally created a situation the developers had not considered.

However I still don't quite understand why you have two SLDs and where these are located.

We have one SLD locally on solution manager and sync this with other SLDs in our landscape.

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.