Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMP version - Transport

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a situation where one client has already connected to GRC system to one system and configured workflows.

Now we are connecting GRC system to another 3 systems and configuring workflows.

Their configuration is completed. They have their MSMP version created with all their configurations. Now i have added few entries in the initiatoras required for newly connected systems and setup workflows required and created new MSMP version and added it to the transport request.

Does the new version I added to transport request contains only the updated entries by me or all the data.

My query is, If i transport my changes to from DEV to STG, only changes done by me will be transported to STG or all the data including things done by other client also will be in my transport request?

I assume that new version will have all the data including updated things as well as old things. So I assume that all data will be transported to next landscape.

I assume this would be the same case with BRF+ initiator i modified.

Is my understanding correct?

We are in a situation where, If other client has some more changes to be done and they come into DEV environment and made some changes and only their data needs to be moved to PRD without the changes added by us. Is this possible?

We are confused about transport requests concerning  BRF+ and MSMP workflows

Someone please advise on how to handle our situation.

BR,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Sai

Have you tried putting the version into a transport and then go to SE01 to have a look at the contents. You know if the transport is the entire scope or just you changes (e.g. if table with asterisk is mentioned then it is being completely transport)

Assuming all MSMP changes originate from DEV and proper change control is in place you should ot have an issue on transporting someone elses - unless you mean that two people are maintaining MSMP at the same time and one person is not yet ready to release their change. The "unless" would depend on looking at the transport contents (possible, it limits to the Process Id and related configuration).

For BRF+, as this generates an SE37 function module, I would assume that the entire function is transport. Again you would need to look at the transport content. You would also search bpm community.

Regards

Colleen

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

new transport will contain only new entires.

brf+ can be updated manually

regards,

Prasant