cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage bin assigning to another fixed storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement as follows: There are many already created bins in storage type: AA and i need to reassign these bins to

one fixed storage type: BB. I have tried to see to do it, but could not.

Could you please help me how to make it? Thank you in advance.

Thank you...

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiSRIDHAR

You can maintain multiple fixed bin for mat in ewm.

/SCWM/BINMAT - Maintain Fixed Storage Bin

So when you maintain fixed bin for mat in different storage type. system take this table in priority to keep material.

Regards

Suraj 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you for your help and time. Just to confirm myself, If i reassign general storage type bins AA to fixed bin storage type BB, will the system takes priority to put the product first in fixed bins storage type and next it will go to general storage type.

Can't I completely take out general storage type bins since i don't want to use anymore?

I mean i want to assign all the bins from general storage type to fixed bin storage type

because i need to implement replenishment for that storage type.

Thanks...

Sridhar.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

In EWM, we assign the storage type in Bin Master. So, Please change the Storage Type in your BIN Master for the bins that you wanted to make as Fixed bins.

Then, Go to TCode: /SCWM/BINMAT and maintain those as Fixed bins for your product.  And, Maintain, Min, Max Quantities. It should work fine.

Regards,
Sathish

jaymin_thakkar05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to mass upload the data using csv file in /SCWM/BINMAT. As it is not possible to use LSMW/ recording bcoz of the ALV grid.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I have a requirement as follows: There are many already created bins in storage type: AA and i need to reassign these bins to

one fixed storage type: BB. I have tried to see to do it, but could not."

Let me get that straight, so that I understand it: you have created storage bins for one storage type and now you want these bins in another storage type?

Or that field which is marked in the screenshot should be changed?

(now I don't know if you really use EWM, if you would have WM the field would be directly under the name of the storage bin).

If this is so (if not, I do not understand the question) - there is no way to change this. There are a lot of things you can change in a bin, but you create a bin for a storage type and that is it.

If you find out now that the bins are in the wrong type, you delete the bins and you create them new in the correct storage type. Or you don't do anything with the existing bins (which you might have to do, because they are not empty) and create new ones in the correct storage type (where you have to use different names in case of EWM).

"Just to confirm myself, If i reassign general storage type bins AA to fixed bin storage type BB, will the system takes priority to put the product first in fixed bins storage type and next it will go to general storage type."

Of course - NOT. Where the product is put first is determined by the storage type sequence, not by where any bins are assigned to.

"Can't I completely take out general storage type bins since i don't want to use anymore?"

Then you remove the storagy type from your search sequence. In time, when there is no stock, you can also delete them.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try with below TCode. It should work.

/SCWM/FBINDEL - Delete Fixed Storage Bin Assignment

/SCWM/FBINASN - Assign Fixed Storage Bins to Products

/SCWM/BINMAT - Maintain Fixed Storage Bin

Regards,

Sathish