cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not edit my own document

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to edit the text of the SCN document DOC-28875. The document is owned by me but I have no edit button

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28875

As you can see from the following screen shot I have the document ownership but no action to change it - please help!!

I need to change the contents as soon as possible as it needed to be update to  be valid. The only actions I could proceed are "manage collaboration", and passive actions. Also people I grant collaboration rights could not edit the document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

It seams that only the action bar is invalid. If I "hack" the URL and add "/edit" to the documents URL I could edit the document.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please reach out to SCN Content Operations to make changes: SCNcontent@sap.com

You've now removed the link to the PDF file and since these are connected, removing the PDF file from the library will cause the document to be deleted.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

this document is what we call a cover page for the actual document stored in the KM repository. The "View PDF Document" link points to the actual PDF asset. The title, content of the document you just edited is created from KM automatically and your changes will be overwritten next time the document changes in KM.

So you should apply the changes you are asking for to the actual PDF in KM. The cover page and its content are not meant to be added manually.

The fact that you were able to edit them is because we only remove the "Edit" action in the sidebar. As the original author you still have the permissions, but you shouldn't touch it.

Best,

Oliver