Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new Transport Route to new SAP Clone

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

i have clone from PRD server , all preterites of this clone are like original PRD server only different in IP address , this clone doesn't connect with my originals servers ( DEV , QAS , PRD ) by in way , it is separated ,  i use this clone for testing some tasks ,

now how can i create transport Route form my DEV server to the clone ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed

You can just share the transport directory with the new system.

Regards

RB

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Reagan

thank you , how can i share the transport directory with the new system.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moahmmed,

1) Is your PRD clone in an isolated network ?

2) Does it have same SID like Production ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe the SID of the new system is different and not having the same like the PRD system.

If this system is running on a different host and if you want to share the transport directory the you need to do an NFS mount (Unix).

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Kori

1- PRD clone in same network

2- have same SID like production

only different in IP address

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Does the clone also has same hostname like Production ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

as you see in following Snapshot ,same in everything only IP address

1- PRD

2- Clone

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

As your clone SID and PRD SID is same. I would not suggest you to share the transport directories with the clone.

You need to manually perform the imports to the clone.

Refer to documentation in link http://scn.sap.com/blogs/tyronemapp/2012/05/08/how-to-manually-import-transports-into-sap-without-us...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed

As both the systems have the same SID then the best option will be to have a separate transport directory for the cloned system. You can then enable a task or a crontab job to copy the contents of DIR_TRANS/data and DIR_TRANS/cofiles from the DEV system to the DIR_TRANS/data and DIR_TRANS/cofiles of the cloned system.

Regards

RB

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak

many thanks to you , i follow steps in document , i success in importing the request , but when i open Tcode STMS , and used my way to import them

ABDK902529 ( from DEV server )

ABDK902519 ( from QAS server )

as you in statue it take along time to execute , and still running .

my to import as the following :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Do you have the issue  like still with transports running for long time ?

-Check the tp system log ( and ensure that RDDIMPDP  job is  scheduled if not schedule it from report RDDNEWPP)

-Check   Default Batch server groups from SM61 has the old PRD instances,if yes you need to remove this and add new clone PRD server into it.

Finally ,as Juan said  you should not have the same  production SID for your clone system  as best practice.

We need to change the <SID> by creating a new control file before opening the database on Target system.

Regards,

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a best practice you should not use the same SID for two systems specially if one of them is productive..

I would have done a homogeneous system copy and change the SID... that way you can safely add it as a delivery route in within the same transport domain.

Regards, Juan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

As the PRD clone is in a isolated network you cannot create communication between DEV and clone.

Only way of moving the transports would be manually copying the cofiles and data files to clone and then import it into clone.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Kori

thank you for your advice , but what you mean with  ( manually copying the cofiles and data files to clone and then import it into clone.) ??

kindly explain more

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Once you release request in DEV, it will create cofile and data file for a transport request.

Incase you want to move this TR to PRD clone, you need to copy the respective cofile from DEV to cofile folder of PRD clone. SAme applies to Data file.

Then you can add the TR into import queue using STMS -> Extras ->  Other request

Then import the TR as you perform in QAS or PRD selecting the truck symbol.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Kori
i'm very grateful for your helpful information

but how i can : copy the respective cofile from DEV to cofile folder of PRD clone. SAme applies to Data file.