cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS notifications on Lotus Notes

0 Kudos

A planner intends to make different actions on time, like activities generation, PR raising etc. Does SAP PS support option to send notifications on external Lotus Notes email of planner? Abdul Karim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

As Gokul suggested above , you need to go with ABAP development for it.

I had the same requirement earlier in projects. What I did is I fetch the PR generation and activities generation values into a seperate table maintenance generator (TMG). I created another table (SM30) where I stored the e-mail id's of all the concerned users.

Now, Our developer developed the logic as whenever an entry(activity creation/PR creation) is coming to our custom tables then it will trigger an email to all the relevant users.

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Ok but Saurabh, can you guide me the procedure to get to this screen "Automatic Forwarding" . . .

My consultant is actually reluctant to do so and according to him this cannot be achieved for non-SAP user. Now when you have clarified that this is achievable, kindly guide me through the process to get upto this screen in SAP PS.

Also please let me know what extra components might be required for this achievement or it is a basic functionality of SAP PS? Remember the cost burden of purchasing extra SAP components creates problems for us. This question is open, anyone can answer.

Abdul Karim

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not a part os SAP PS, its a part of SAP Business Workplace/workflow instead.

Go to t-code SBWP -> Settings- > Office Settings -> Automatic Forwarding.

As you mentioned, new SAP licensing is an issue then go with ABAP development as I suggested earlier.

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

These answers have been helpful. OK please let me know that is it necessary that the person to whom an email is desired to be triggered to his external id, he must have a SAP id too? Or the email can be triggered to an external id without having him on SAP. Like a person in our company but dos not have SAP.

or For example i want an email regarding update on consultancy report to be triggered to M/S XYZ Consultants, they are not within our network of SAP. Can this notification trigger to them on their email id?

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible. Mail can be triggered to non-SAP users also.

Check the above screen shot.

Regards

Saurabh

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are such kind of lots of thread in forum as i suggest link below:

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WF would be come in picture. You can go ahead with Saurabh logic of developing a custom table and a WF related to it.

SMTP service must be on. I think in SCOT tranx, IP address of Lotus Notes server should be maintained. Discuss with your Basis and Network Admin for more details.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

As far as i know, it is possible by way of workflow.

Any notifications that you want to send from SAP to Lotus Notes is possible.

Please get in touch with your ABAP/Workflow Consultant for more details on how this can be done.

Regards,

Gokul