Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach file with Vendor in MDG-S not using T-code

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In MDG-S while creating change request in attachment option if I attach any file that is getting deleted on after activation . My requirement is to store that file with vendor.

Please suggest me the way to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Samrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by the file gets deleted? It will still be there with the Change Request. Attachments do not get transferred from a CR to a data object (Material, Supplier, etc.).

You can find the attachments in tables: USMD1211 and USMD1212. A possible solution is to write a program that extracts those attachments and adds them to the supplier object (could be a custom background workflow step that you can add after the activation step).

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

After final approval of  change request the attachment file automatically deleted but my requirement is to store that file with respect to vendor. As you mentioned the table I have already checked that where file stored against the change request number but I want to store against vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, attachments are not deleted upon approval (at least in all the systems I worked with the attachment is still available after CR approval).

Any way, if you want to transfer the attached file to the vendor, you will have to build a custom functionality (function module or method) to read from the MDG tables USMD1211 and USMD1212 and transfer the files to the actual object GOS attachment. You can find instructions and hints on how to do it (for example, google "create SAP GOS attachment").

former_member314998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have already checked USMD1212 & USMD1211 table where data store against Change Request number but my requirement is to store that file against vendor before final approval.

Could you please suggest the suitable way to achieve that?

Thanks in advance.

SAMRAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "before approval"? If the CR is not approved, the vendor record won't be there.

Again, you can build a custom method that reads the attachment from USMD1211 and USMD1212 then writes the attachment to the vendor GOS record.

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

I am also having the same requirement to send all the attachments after final approval to Vendor master table,

Could you please let me know how did you achieve that, if you can provide that code, it will be very helpful.

Regards

Ashu.